This article explains what I represent on an Apple Watch and how to utilize it to pair. The instructions apply to every version of Apple Watch hardware and watchOS software.
If you click the I’ icon If you tap the ‘i’ icon, you’ll get information about your watch including a unique method to identify it as well as an identifier to pair the watch manually. This ‘ i‘ icon is present in every version that runs the Apple Watch hardware as well as the watchOS application.
Where is the “i” icon on the Apple Watch?
You’ll notice the ‘ i‘ icon in your Apple Watch pairing process. There’s a Begin the pairing button that appears on your watch that will guide you through the automatic process. There will be a circled i” on the screen, which will assist you in manually pairing the procedure if the automatic one doesn’t work.
The information image on the screen displays the code for scanning.
How to Disconnect Your Watch Manually, Using the “i” Icon
If you are looking to de-pair the Apple Watch, for whatever reason, follow the steps below.
- When you are on the Apple Watch, open the Settings by pressing the digital crown.
- Press General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap to erase all Content and Setup.
- On iPhone Open on the iPhone, open the Watch app then taps on the My Watch tab.
- Tap the watch you wish to de-pair.
- Tap the “i” icon on the right side of the watch.
- Click to unpair Apple Watch, then confirm the choice.
How to Re-Pair Your Manually Watch by using the ‘i’ icon
Replacing your Apple Watch is easy and only takes a few seconds.
- Follow the screen instructions and select your language until you hit that Begin Pairing button.
- On the iPhone Tap the Pair Apple Watch Manually under the window that is trying to read the barcode.
- To access your Apple Watch tap the ‘ I icon.
- Enter the numbers from your wristwatch on your iPhone.
- This will allow you to manually connect the watch to the phone. If it does not work, or you encounter other problems, it could be additional issues either with your watch or iPhone that must be resolved.