How can you use headphones or earbuds on the PS5 or PS4 controller? There’s an option to play your favorite games at night without a headset. This is possible using traditional headphones or earbuds with the DualSense or DualShock 4. You only need a pair 3.5mm jack earphones to do this. We’ll show you how to use your PS5 or PS4 controllers with headphones as part of our PS5 Guide.
How to use earbuds and headphones with the PS5 and PS4 controllers
Follow these steps to use headphones with your PS5 or PS4 controller.
Attach the Earbuds or Headphones
Any pair of headphones that have a 3.5mm adapter can be connected to the slot at the bottom of the DualSense 4 or DualShock 4 controller. It is located between the analog sticks.
Configure Audio Output
If you are unable to hear any sound immediately, take the following steps:
- To open the Control Centre, press the PlayStation button one time.
- Select Sound > Output Device > Headset (Controller).
- It should send all audio to your headphones or earbuds. To verify that everything is working properly, open a game and listen to the sound coming from your headphones or earbuds.
- Keep pressing the PlayStation button until you see the Quick Menu.
- Select Sound/Devices Output To Headphones All Audio
- The audio should be sent through your headphones. You may also want to play a game to verify it.
Set the Volume
Follow the above steps to adjust the volume of headphones or earbuds. The Volume option will appear, which allows you to adjust the volume as needed.
Are you using headphones or earbuds with your PS5 or PS4 controllers? For more information, turn up the sound by commenting below. Also, check out our PS5 guide.