This article will explain how you can connect the PlayStation 4 controller, known as the DualShock 4, to the console wirelessly through Bluetooth. The controllers you can sync are specially designed for the PS4 and you can’t use a PS3 or PS2 controller to the PS4 console. It is possible to play with the PS4 controller in conjunction with the PS3.
How do I sync a PS4 Controller to the PS4
To pair a controller with the console, particularly when you’re first starting out, you’ll require a USB cable. Any USB 2.0 Micro-B cable will be used to connect your DualShock 4 to the console even though it only has two USB ports available you can connect more than four controllers in an account.
- Before you turn on your PS4 Plug the smaller portion of the USB cable into the connector that is on the right above the console. connect the other end to any of the USB ports located on the front of the console.
- You can turn off the power on your PS4 using the power button on the console. It will automatically recognize your controller connected to it as well as assign it the initial slot for players.
- Click the PS button at the middle of the controller, and you’ll get a login screen, where you can choose a user login or make one.
How do you synchronize additional PS4 Controllers wirelessly
After you have at the very least one controller that is synced to your computer, you may connect additional wirelessly:
- When you sync your controller Locate your Setting option within the row of icons that is above on the PS4 home menu, which is represented by a symbol that looks like the shape of a briefcase.
- Go through settings Settings Devices and then Bluetooth devices. You should see a list of the devices currently linked to your console.
- If using your PS4 controller, if you want to sync, press your button and the Share button at the same time for five minutes.
- If the new controller is listed within the listing of Bluetooth devices, you can select it along with the controller you have previously selected. It will be connected to your PS4.
How do you unpair the PS4 Controller?
- Check that the controller you want to disconnect is off.
- Utilizing a different PS4 controller, switch the console on. From the PS4 home menu, go to SettingsSettings > devices Settings > Bluetooth Devices. Bluetooth devices.
- You will see the list of controllers. Choose the controller you want to decouple and click to delete.
What is the best way to charge your PS4 Controller?
The battery inside the controller will be charged while attached to the PS4. If the controller is connected even when the PS4 is in a sleep state, the controller will keep charging and the light on top of the controller will turn yellow. The light will also turn green when the controller is not getting enough power. You will be able to see an on-screen prompt instructing you to connect it.
When the controller is fully charged the light bar at the upper part of the controller be lit in various colors based on the person the controller belongs to. Player 1 will be blue. while player two is red 3 is green and player 4 is pink.
Troubleshooting PS4 Wireless Connectivity Problems
If your controller isn’t turning on when you press the PS button, connect your controller to PS4 to check that there’s a charge. If the light bar does not blink, it could be an issue with the USB cable or the battery inside the controller may be damaged. If you have an additional cable in your possession, consider using it to rule out the first possibility.
If the controller isn’t connecting with the console via wireless when it’s charged The issue is in the controller or console’s Bluetooth connectivity. If other PS4 controllers are functioning wirelessly, then the controller that is not working is at fault. You can still continue to play using the controller that is connected to the console using the USB.
If you’re having trouble pairing the PS4 controller to the console you have, you can try resetting it.