It can be confusing to have more than one Apple ID. You can delete some accounts from your devices by disconnection. Here’s how you can remove your Apple ID from your iPhone if you intend to sell it or give it away.
How to remove your Apple ID from an iPhone
You can remove an Apple ID from an Apple device by removing the Apple ID from the device.
It is highly recommended that you backup your iPhone before proceeding. You should read us How to Back Up Your iPhone article if you have important data.
- Open the Settings app for your iPhone. This icon is the gear-shaped one on your home screen.
- Next, tap on your Apple ID at top of the screen. You will need to sign in to the Apple ID that you wish to delete.
- Next, tap iTunes & App Store.
- Next, tap on your Apple ID at top of the screen.
- Next tap View Apple ID. When asked, confirm the action.
- Next, tap Removing this Device. This option will be under iTunes in Cloud.
- To return to your Apple ID page, tap the back button. This is the arrow at the top-left corner.
- Scroll down and click Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap Turn Off to confirm.
- Next, click Sign Out. To confirm, click Sign Out in the pop-up window.
You can also delete your Apple ID via any browser, even if you don’t have an iPhone. Here’s how:
How to remove your Apple ID from a browser
- AppleID.apple.com. To do this, you can use any browser.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. Next, click the arrow to the right.
- Then enter your verification code. There are many ways to enter your verification code. If you don’t get a verification code, click Didn’t get a verification code? below.
- Next, click on the device that you wish to delete your Apple ID.
- Next, click on Remove from the account. Next, confirm by clicking Remove this iPhone.