Snapchat is stuck on the “Tap to Load” screen. These are the best solutions.
Snapchat is a popular messaging app that allows users to send and receive snaps with friends and family around the globe. You can connect with celebrities and famous people, in addition to your family and friends. Once the other user opens the file, the Snaps you have sent will be deleted. Users may sometimes see a black loading screen that states ” Tap To Load“. It may not load after selecting it. If Snapchat won’t load snaps for you, you can follow this guide to fix it.
The Snapchat loading screen is stuck on the ‘tap to load’ button
These are the solutions to Snapchat’s problems loading Snaps, or if you get stuck at the ” Tap To Load” screen.
- Restart your device
- Verify your Internet connection
- Clear your Snapchat cache
- Keep the Snapchat app updated
- Snapchat app can be uninstalled and reinstalled
- Eliminate the chat
- Factory reset
Restart the device
Restarting your device is the first and easiest way to troubleshoot. This will resolve the Snapchat not loading issue. When the device has been rebooted, you can see if the screen has loaded correctly. You can also try switching to Airplane mode on your device and then taking it off after about 10-15 seconds. This will fix the problem.
Verify your Internet connection
Snapchat loading screen problems can sometimes be caused by slow or flickering internet connections. If possible, switch to another network. Switch to cellular data if you’re on WiFi. Check whether flight mode is enabled on your device. Disable flight mode if it is enabled. Go to Snapchat and verify that it loads Snaps.
Clear the Snapchat Cache
The cache is a small amount of memory that stores the data used in the apps. When the cache is full, it can cause problems. Follow these steps to clear the Snapchat cache
- Open the Snapchat app from your mobile.
- Tap the profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom, and click Clear cache Under Account Option.
- Click Settings and then click Apps & Notifications.
- Click on it to view all apps.
- Click on Snapchat.
- Click Storage and then click Clear Cache.
Snapchat App Update
The app can be updated to fix bugs and solve issues with the Snapchat screen loading. To improve security and functionality, the app company will periodically push updates. Check whether the screen loads after you update the app.
- Click Play Store at the top left.
- Click My games and apps.
- Click the Update button beside Snapchat.
- Open App Store.
- You can access your profile by clicking the profile icon on the top right.
- Click the update icon next to Snapchat to see any updates.
Snapchat App – Uninstall and Reinstall
Try deleting the Snapchat App and reinstalling it if that doesn’t work. This may fix Snapchat loading screen issues and other problems. To check if the screen is loading, delete the app and reinstall it.
- Simply long-press the Snapchat app to bring up the pop-up menu.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
- Go to App Store/Play Store and download the Snapchat app again.
Eliminate the chat
Clearing your Snapchat chat may be helpful in loading the Snaps. Clearing your chat won’t delete any messages or data in the app.
- Snapchat Open
- Click Settings.
- Select Clear conversation under the Privacy section.
- To connect to Snapchat, click the cross net.
- Tap Clear.
Tech Tips – Use Snapchat to create a shortcut and send Snaps to multiple friends at once.
Resetting your device is a good option if nothing else works. Resetting your phone will erase all your data, so be sure to make backups. Install the Snapchat app after you have reset your device. You can use it immediately without any issues or errors.
These are the best solutions to use when Snapchat’s loading screen is not working. You can also leave a comment with a solution if you have one. This section was helpful and informative.
How to fix the ‘Snapchat black loading screen stuck on tap to load’ issue?
Snapchat is used daily by hundreds of millions of young people to share photos, make contacts, and keep track of what their friends are doing. A glitch in the app could cause serious problems for those who want to stay connected.
We can help if your Snapchat app freezes on the loading screen with “tap to load” and you are unable to load snaps, even if the screen is black.
We’ve provided seven solutions to the “Snapchat loading screen stuck at tap to load” issue.
Restart your smartphone or use the Airplane mode
A quick reboot is a simple and easy way to fix almost any issue with your smartphone. It not only refreshes the device but also clears cached background processes that could slow down or prevent an app from functioning properly. In this instance, it fixes the tap to load error displayed on Snapchat’s loading screen.
To fix the problem, you can also put your device into Airplane mode.
Clear Snapchat app cache
App cache can sometimes cause problems with the smooth operation of apps. You can clear Snapchat’s cache using the in-app settings for Android and iOS, as well as Android’s device settings.
Clear cache via Android settings
Follow the steps below to clear the Snapchat app cache from your Android device.
- Tap on Apps and Notifications
- If you have recently used Snapchat, it will be listed under Recently open apps on the next page. Tap on the View all apps option if it doesn’t. Next, locate and tap the name of the app you wish to clear its cache.
- Next, click on Storage and cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Cache.
Clear cache via app settings
To clear the app cache, open Snapchat and follow these steps.
- Tap the profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Next, click on the Gear Settings (icon) at the top-right.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Clear Cache in the Account Actions section.
Get your Snapchat app updated
App updates are a way to fix bugs and make your app better. It’s possible your application is plagued with bugs if you haven’t updated it in a while.
Check the Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS to see if there are any updates to Snapchat. Update the app if you find one. Then check to see if the tap-to-load issue has been resolved.
Update Snapchat on Android
Follow the steps below to update Snapchat on the Play Store.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon at the top-left of the Play Store.
- Click on My games and apps.
- All apps that need to be updated will be displayed here. Update the Snapchat app if you are unable to see it.
Update Snapchat on iOS
To update apps on your iPad or iPhone, open the App Store. Follow the steps below.
- Click on the profile button at the top of your App Store homepage.
- Scroll down to view a list of all app updates that are available on the next screen.
- Tap on the Update icon beside Snapchat to see if an update is available.
Check your internet connectivity
A slow or intermittent internet connection can often cause Snapchat to display a loading screen issue and the tap to load message. To minimize interference between your device and the router, reposition it if you have a WiFi connection.
To fix the problem or update the firmware, you can restart the router. Switch to cellular data if you are on WiFi.
Uninstall Snapchat and reinstall Snapchat
You might uninstall and reinstall Snapchat on your device if the “Snapchat loading page tap to load” error persists. All issues and data should be resolved by a new installation.
Reset app preferences
To fix tap to load Snapchat, you can also reset app preferences. This will ensure that all settings are restored to factory defaults. This does not erase any app data.
- Select Apps & Notifications from the settings of your phone.
- Click on Show All Apps.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the top-right.
- Choose Reset app preferences from the dropdown menu.
See if Snapchat is down
Snapchat was built to support its hundreds of millions of users, so this doesn’t happen often. You can still check if Snapchat’s server is down to see if the Snapchat tap is loading error.
Snapchat’s official Support Twitter handle is a great way to check if Snapchat is down. The company is very active and sends out error notifications. You can double-check Snapchat’s servers through third-party websites such as Downdetector.