Instagram has updated its security measures and login procedures to protect your account from hackers. You can enable verification, perform a security checkup and observe your login activity.
Instagram Login Activity allows you to see where your account is located or if you have been logged into it. It will also show you maps and device names, which can help you remember if the login was done by you.
In this article, we will show you how to clear and check your Instagram login activity.
How to Clear and Check Your Instagram Login Activity from Mobile
The Instagram app was designed for mobile usage. These steps will allow you to check your login activity on your Android or iPhone.
- To access the Homepage page, log in to your Instagram account.
- To open your Profile, click the circle with the profile picture at the bottom of the app.
- To open a new menu, click on the three horizontal bars at the top of your profile and choose Settings.
- To open a list with all the security features available on Instagram, tap on Security in the new menu.
- Under Password, you will see the Login activity option. To view the details of all your active sessions, click Login Activity. Instagram asks you to confirm if you were there.
- The Was this You? section contains maps that show the exact location of your login and the device.
- Click on This was Me if you recognize the activity. Instagram will then ask you to Confirm your device.
- Click This Wasn’t Me if the device/location is not listed. Instagram asks for a password change to prevent the threat of hacking.
- Where you’re Logged in gives you information about your current sessions and devices that accessed the account before.
- To end an active session that is not desired, click on the three dots at the top of each session.
You can also access Instagram from your mobile browser. This will allow you to clear any login activity. This is similar to clearing your login activities from a PC, as shown below.
You can check and clear your Instagram login activity from PC
While Instagram was originally designed for mobile, the PC version of Instagram has seen significant improvements and has gained quite a following. Users can access Instagram directly from their computers without any problems.
Log in to your Instagram account to check login activity. This will open the Homepage page. To open a drop-down menu, click on the circle with the profile picture at the top right.
To open your Instagram content, follow the steps above.
Click on the Settings button located next to edit Profile. Select Login Activity from the new menu.
The Was this You? section contains maps that show the exact location of your login and the device.
Click on This was Me to recognize the activity. Instagram will then ask you to confirm that you have the device.
Select This Wasn’t Me for unknown devices and locations. Unrecognized devices could indicate that your Instagram account is not being recognized. It will ask you to change your password. Your Instagram account will be deleted from all other devices after you have changed the password.
The Where you’re Logged in section lists all devices that have access to your account. It also displays the location and last active time.
To open the details of each session, click on the downward-facing icon in front. To close the session, choose Log out.
If necessary, select to change your password.
Enjoy Security with the Instagram Login Activity Features
Instagram has added several new features to its security system. You can check your Instagram login activity to see where your account is located or if you have been logged into it. You can also see the names of the logged in devices and the location on Google maps.
These features complement Instagram so you can feel secure while using it.