- YouTube TV is a fantastic alternative for cord-cutters however, it can have issues with Fire TV. There may be an error message that reads “Can’t connect,” or the app could crash when streaming. If YouTube TV or even the Fire Stick is causing a problem, resetting it will solve the issue.
YouTube Not Working on Amazon Fire TV Stick
- There could be a myriad of reasons that could be the cause of this strange behavior. Certain issues could be connected with the Internet connection, while others may be linked directly to an aspect of the Fire TV Stick itself. Let’s take a look at these issues in greater detail.
Set Fire Stick to Factory
- If you’re unable to access the screen due to it being black or frozen, hold the back button and the navigation button at the same time as long as you can for about 15 seconds.
- Choose factory reset then allow it to finish the procedure.
- Be aware that following the reset the device will erase your account information. You will be required to update your account information.
How Do I Fix YouTube TV On My Fire Stick?
If you used YouTube TV when it suddenly was not working, the issue is typically easy to fix. Follow the troubleshooting suggestions below in the order listed.
- Restart YouTube TV. If the application is not responding it could be due to a malfunctioning feature that may run in the background. By force stopping YouTube TV will end all activities.
- Restart Fire TV. Some users have solved YouTube TV problems by restarting the Fire Stick by using the remote. Hold and press the combination button select and play/pause. After a couple of seconds, it will be a few seconds before your Fire Stick will restart.
- Then, restore the Fire Stick to its factory default settings. If you’re having issues using YouTube TV, you can try this last option. Resetting the Fire Stick to factory default settings erases all user data and applications. Your Amazon transactions will be restored once you log in to the device once more.
Remove the cache, and delete all data from your Fire Stick. The Fire Stick stores a lot of useless data. As the junk files pile up over time, the Fire Stick may be damaged or fail to handle the files. Visit the Settings and then Application Manage Installed Application and then YouTube TV. Clear cache and clear information in any or both of the following ways.
Remove the fire Stick. You can also turn off the device by disconnecting it from the television’s HDMI port, letting it sit for several seconds before reconnecting it.