The Apple AirPods have been the market leader in headphone sales. Can the AirPods be used with older iPhone models such as the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus?
Apple AirPods are compatible with iPhone 6; however, you will need to update to iOS13 or greater to use all AirPods features.
Apple AirPods can be used with iPhone 5 and newer models. Just charge them and turn them on to get started.
Which phones are compatible with Apple AirPods
All AirPods features are available so long as your Apple device has iOS 13 or later.
This is a list of compatible phones with Apple AirPods.
- iPhone 5, 5s
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus
- iPhone XR and XR Max, XS Max, XS Max, and XS
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, Pro Max
AirPod Models vs. iPhone Compatibility
Apple designed AirPods that work with all iPhone models, even the latest.
|AirPod Model||iPhone Compatibility|
|AirPods (1 st Generation).||iPhone 5, 5s; iPhone SE; iPhone 6, 6s, 6s Plus; iPhone 7, 7 Plus; iPhone 8, 8 Plus; iPhone X, XR, XS Max, XS; iPhone 11, 11 Pro, Pro Max; iPhone 12 Mini|
|AirPods (2 and Generations)||iPhone 5, 5s; iPhone SE; iPhone 6, 6s, 6s Plus; iPhone 7, 7 Plus; iPhone 8, 8 Plus; iPhone X, XR, XS Max, XS; iPhone 11, 11 Pro, Pro Max; iPhone 12 Mini|
|AirPods Pro||iPhone 5, 5s; iPhone SE; iPhone 6, 6s, 6s Plus; iPhone 7, 7 Plus; iPhone 8, 8 Plus; iPhone X, XR, XS Max, XS; iPhone 11, 11 Pro, Pro Max; iPhone 12 Mini|
|AirPods Max||iPhoneSE (1 st and 2 nd generation); iPhone 6, 6s; iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus; iPhone X; XR, XS Max, iPhone 11; iPhone Pro; iPhone Pro Max; iPhone 12 Mini|
AirPod features are available with iOS 13 or later updates
AirPods with iOS 10-12 may not have the iOS 14 update. They will still be recognized as any Bluetooth device but will have limited functionality.
All functions can be used on the AirPods using iOS 13 or later.
- You can pair two sets of AirPods to one device.
- Apple devices are easy to set up. It takes just one touch.
- The AirPods instantly connect to other Apple devices when the case is opened.
- Switching between devices is simple.
- AirPods automatically switches over to the device designed for iOS 14 or later
- Earbuds can be used one at a time but will still function the same.
- AirPods 2 are equipped with “Hey Siri”
- Siri will read and respond to your messages even when you’re not at your phone.
- The Find My App can be used to set up your AirPods, similar to the Find My feature for other Apple devices. This will enable you to locate them in case they get lost.
How to Set Up Apple AirPods For iPhone 6
You can easily set up the AirPods with your iPhone 6 using.
- Open your phone’s screen to navigate to the Homepage page.
- Keep the AirPods Case near your phone.
- On your screen, a setup animation will be displayed. Connect.
- These screens will help you to set up AirPods Pro. This will allow you to set up “Hey Siri” if you don’t have a span.
- Next, tap Done.
- AirPods now available
Apple AirPods have been in high demand ever since their launch in 2016. Since its release in 2016, Apple AirPods have been highly sought after. They are not compatible with either the iPhone 5 or 6 Series.
Apple AirPods make managing headphone cords easier and offer many more features.