Although the Xbox One is a very popular console for video games, there are sometimes problems with it. Sometimes it won’t turn on. The Xbox One does not have the same explicit external cues as the Xbox 360 with its Red Ring of Death. You need to think about the possible causes of problems, particularly if the device is refusing to turn on or gives an error code.
There are a few reasons why your Xbox One isn’t turning on.
There could be many reasons your Xbox One console won’t turn on. It could be that the power supply is not working properly or it might be defective. It could also be overheating or broken. The controller may simply need to be recharged.
How to fix an Xbox One that won’t turn on
Before you contact Microsoft to repair or buy a new device, try the following solutions.
- Make sure that your Xbox One controller has been connected. Instead of pressing the Xbox button on your controller to turn on the console, press the power button. Replace the batteries in your controller if it turns on. Turn off the console, then turn it back on again with the controller. Try again if the above fails. Plug the controller directly into your console using a USB cable. You will need to replace your controller if none of these options work.
- Make sure you check the power supply. Check that the power supply cord is securely plugged into an outlet and that it is securely seated in the console. Try again. If the console doesn’t turn off, replace the power brick. Replace the power supply if it doesn’t light up or blinks orange. If the console’s light is either steady white or steady orange, you might need to have it serviced.
- Make sure the power strip is checked. Make sure your power strip (or surge protector) is on and working properly. Many fuses protect electronics from damage by blowing in the event of a surge. To ensure that these devices work properly, check other items plugged into a strip and switch to a different outlet. You should immediately replace any outlet on your power strip that is not working.
- You might try a different outlet. Plug the console and power supply into a different outlet. Then, check if the console turns on. An electrical problem might be to blame. Turn off all other electrical devices in the room or house that aren’t functioning and then go to the circuit breaker or fuse box. Look for a switch that is flipped to the off position. Put it on and wait. If all else is working, there may be an outlet problem. Contact a licensed electrician.
- Reset the internal power supply. Wait ten seconds before unplugging the cables from the console and power supply. Plug it back in, and then press the Xbox button at the console’s front.
- Make sure the Xbox One has adequate ventilation. The console may shut down during a game session or not turn on again. Take out any items that might be causing the console to shut down and place it in a location where air can flow freely.
- Make sure you have the settings correct. Go to Settings menu, and select Power/Start-Up. The Instant On feature turns the console into sleep mode instead of powering it down completely. Although this allows the console to start faster, it can also cause problems with its operation. Instead, set it to Energy Saving. Next, you can check the Automatic-Shutdown setting in the same menu. If necessary, turn it off.
- Your console may need to be repaired if none of these solutions work. Contact Xbox customer support.
Here is The Second Method to Fix It
These solutions are arranged in the order of easiest to most difficult for Xbox Ones that have stopped working. You can use the Xbox One Shuts Off Wiki to see what happens if your Xbox turns on briefly but then shuts off completely.
1. Device is not plugged in
Make sure the power supply is correctly plugged into the Xbox One.
Cause 2: No display detected
The console won’t turn on if the Xbox light is lit at the front. It will not detect a working display unless the Xbox light is lit. Verify your HDMI cable connection. Switch cables or ports on the TV.
3. Bad power outlet
If your Xbox doesn’t turn off, you can try connecting directly to a different outlet and not through surge protection.
Cause 4: The internal power supply breaker has tripped
The console comes with built-in surge protection so you shouldn’t connect it to any external surge protector. The console will not be able to reach maximum performance if it is connected to another surge protector.
These steps will reset your internal power supply.
- Remove the power cord from your console.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Connect the cord to the console again, then press the Xbox button at the front.
The internal power reset function works if the console turns on. If the problem persists, repeat this step.
Cause 5: Poor power supply
The problem may lie in the power supply. If the light at the power outlet is not solid white, it is likely that the power supply is functioning properly. If the light is not on, unplug it and allow it to cool down for 20 minutes before plugging it back in again. If the light does not come on, will replace the power supply.
Bad motherboard: Cause 6.
The motherboard could be the problem if the power supply light comes on and your device does not turn on. It may be necessary to replace your motherboard.
This is what people have asked.
- Why won’t my One turn off?
- Xbox One won’t turn on
- My power-brick is glowing orange, but my Xbox won’t turn on
- Why does the Xbox One not turn on after an optical drive replacement?
Similar Xbox One Problems
- The screen does not display
- Drive not accepting disk
- Xbox is not connecting to the internet
- Xbox Powers On and Instantly Powers Off