Pop-up ads are annoying and irritating. Some sites require you to add information to pop-up windows. Safari’s popup blocker might prevent you from viewing a page or video. Safari pop-up blockers can cause any number of problems. Here’s how you can allow them.
How to disable the pop-up blocker on Safari Desktop
This method is only applicable to Mac desktops or laptops that run Safari.
- Open Safari.
- Select “Safari”, in the Apple Menu at the top-left corner. To access this menu, you will need to be logged into Safari.
- Next, click Preferences. You can also access Safari’s preferences by pressing the Command + comma key combination. Check out our previous article to see a list of the most useful Mac keyboard shortcuts.
- Click the Websites tab in the Preferences window.
- Click on Pop-up Windows from the left sidebar.
- Next, click on the drop-down menu at the bottom of the window and choose Allow. Safari will now allow all popups. You can also choose not to allow pop-ups, or have them notify you each time they are blocked.
You can make exceptions for specific websites or webpages you do not want Safari to allow. Click the drop-down menu next the website to open Preferences and choose Allow.
You will need to select Block or Block and Notify in the drop-down menu to add exceptions. This will turn off your pop-up blocking software.
How to allow pop-ups on iPhone
Safari will be your default browser if you have an iPhone/iPad. Follow these steps to stop pop-ups from appearing on your iPad or iPhone.
- Open the Settings App. This app is installed on your device and cannot delete. This icon is shaped like a gear.
- Scroll down and click Safari. The icon will look similar to your Safari app.
- Turn on the toggle next to Block Pop-ups. It will turn green.
You now know how to allow popups in Safari. Check out this article to learn how you can clear your iPhone’s cache.