This article will show you how to see the battery percentage of your iPhone 12 and how to make it visible on your home screen with a widget.
How to view battery percentage on iPhone 12
To see the information, you would have to enable the battery percentage option in iOS earlier versions. The iPhone 12 has this information! The battery percentage option on the iPhone 12 is now enabled by default. You just need to know where it is.
- To open the iOS Controller, swipe down from the iPhone 12’s top right corner.
- The battery percentage is located in the upper right corner of your screen, just below the battery icon. This shows how much battery your iPhone 12 still has.
- To close Control Center, swipe up or tap the background.
You don’t need to know much about the battery except to check it periodically. A widget can be added to your home screen to help you keep track of the battery’s current status. Low battery? These are some ways to charge iPhone 12.
How to add a battery widget to your iPhone 12
iPhone widgets in iOS 14 allow you to add a battery percentage widget on your home screen.
- Hold the screen down until you see the icons move.
- Tap +.
- Tap Batteries in the widgets popup.
- Select the widget style that you would like to use. You can swipe back and forth to view the available options. The Battery widget will display information about the battery status of Apple devices, such as the Apple Watch and AirPods.
- To find the one that you are looking for, tap Add Widget.
- Your home screen will be updated with the widget. Drag it to the desired location and then click Done.
Here is the second method way to solve it
You can check the battery status of your iPhone 12 or 12 Mini by clicking the battery icon at the top right. However, this indicator does not show how much juice is remaining and it doesn’t give a percentage indicator. Here’s how to enable the exact battery percentage on your home screen.
The past few years were simpler. You could toggle a small switch within settings and the battery percentage would appear in the status bar. With Apple iPhone, 12 things get a little more complicated. Here’s how to quickly check the iPhone’s battery percentage.
- You’ll find the control center by swiping down from the top-right corner of your iPhone.
- You’ll see the iPhone battery percentage next to the icon.
- This temporary solution is not permanent. However, widgets are an option if you need to display the battery percentage.
You can also enable Battery Percentage for iPhone using other options
1. To display battery percentage, use widgets
2. Ask Siri using voice command
Siri is a great tool for checking the battery status. There are many options. You can ask Siri directly questions about the battery percentage of your iPhone. These are some other questions Siri can answer:
- What is my battery percent?
- What percentage of battery?
- What is the battery status?
- Are batteries still charged?
- Charge the battery
- What is my remaining battery?
You may already know that your iPhone will display the battery percentage when it charges. You can see the battery percentage on your iPhone regardless of whether you charge it using the lightning port or MagSafe charger.
The charging animation for charging via MagSafe is different for the iPhone 12 line. This feature is not available on iPhones. Instead, you will see the standard icon percentage below it.
After you disconnect your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini from any power source or wireless charging, you’ll see the same notification on the lock screen. The battery percentage will replace the date option under the lock screen clock.
4. Use third-party apps to increase the Battery Percentage on iPhone
Third-party apps are available that can display the current iPhone battery percentage in an app or widget. These are the top apps you have:
This app shows you detailed information about your battery performance. It displays voltage, temperature, and battery usage charts. It also displays your usage patterns and battery percentage for your iPhone. You can easily customize the widget with your preferred color themes. The Apple App Store has the app for free.
Battery Life Doctor Pro
It provides information on your battery usage as well as tips for improving it. The app is compatible with devices running iOS 11. If you have an older iPhone, the app will work well. The Apple App Store can be downloaded.
Use: System Activity Widgets
This app is great if you need other tools to monitor your device’s battery and provide additional information. The app contains 21 widgets that work with iOS 14 devices. The app displays battery information and detailed specifications about the hardware of your device. The app offers options to personalize it, similar to battery HD. The app can be downloaded here.
If you want your iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, or iPhone 12 Pro’s battery % to be more prominently displayed, the batteries widget is for you. Three styles are available to match your widget screen or home button in iOS 14. The first style is a square without percentages. The second and third styles show absolute percentage values.
Although it is not as easy as it used to be with the iPhone, it is very easy to find the battery percent indicator in modern times. The Battery widget and the ability to continue to extend the device’s main screen with iOS 14 make it easy for iPhone owners to find more options. We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!