Chromecast lets you take videos, music, and photos from your smartphone and project them onto your TV. Simply plug your Chromecast into the TV and start to watch a video from your tablet or smartphone. Then, push the “Cast” button to project it on your TV. You won’t need to install and configure a lot of apps on your TV in order to access streaming services such as YouTube, Netflix and Spotify. This guide will show you how to set up Chromecast on your Android or iPhone.
What is Chromecast?
Google Chromecast, a streaming media player, allows you to project content from your tablet, smartphone, or computer onto your TV. You can easily “cast” videos and photos to your TV using a feature called screencasting.
To watch a YouTube video on your smartphone, tap the cast button and it will start playing on your TV screen. You can then use your phone to control the volume, pause and rewind. You can also use your phone to search for information or play games while screencasting.
Chromecast allows you to blow up photos, view websites such as Facebook in high resolution and even present a PowerPoint presentation right from your smartphone.
How to set up Chromecast
Before you can set up your Chromecast, make sure you have a compatible smartphone or tablet, an HDMI-equipped TV, and a reliable WiFi network.
Chromecast is compatible with all mobile devices running Android 5.0 and iOS 11.0. Chromecast can be used with a laptop or computer, but it is no longer possible to set it up in this manner. This is why you will need your tablet or phone to complete the setup. These steps can be followed once you have met all requirements.
- Connect your Chromecast to your TV’s HDMI port. Next, plug your Chromecast into the HDMI port of your TV. Write down the number near the HDMI port. This information will be needed in the next step. Connect the USB cable’s other end to the wall outlet.
- Once you have the Chromecast welcome screen, turn on the TV. When you see the prompt “Set me up”, you will know that you are on the correct channel.
- Download the Google Home app and install it. If your Android device is an iPhone or iPad, the app can be found in the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to open the Google Home App. First, tap Get Started. Next, sign in or create a Google account if you don’t already have one. Google Home will ask you to grant access to your location.
- Next, tap Get Started. Next, tap Set up device.
- Tap Create new devices and then another home. Then, you will be asked for a nickname or address. This will allow you to identify your TV’s TV station when casting begins. You can also leave the address empty. Wait for the app’s device to be discovered.
- Next, tap Next once your Chromecast has been discovered. Select the device you wish to set up, and then tap Next. In case your device didn’t show up, tap Don’t see your device.
- Click Yes if you see a code displayed on your TV. You should see a four-digit code on your TV and phone.
- Select a name to use for your Chromecast device and click Continue. The list of rooms in which your device is located will appear. This will allow you to identify your device later. By tapping Add custom area, entering the name and then clicking Next, you can create a new room.
- Connect Chromecast with your WiFi. Connect your Chromecast to your WiFi network. After your streaming device has been connected to the WiFi network, you can either screencast or follow a tutorial.
Once you’ve set up your Chromecast you can begin screencasting. This is how to use Chromecast with an Android or iOS phone.
Chromecast: How do you use it?
Chromecast allows you to send videos, TV shows, photos, and websites directly from your smartphone or tablet to your TV. To cast the content to your big screen, all you have to do is tap on the Cast button in a Chromecast-enabled application on your smartphone or computer.
Chromecast can only be used with an iPhone and Chromecast. Chromecast is supported by most streaming apps, including YouTube and Netflix. They have a built-in cast button.
How to Chromecast on an iPhone or iOS Device
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected with the same WiFi network as Chromecast.
- Click on the Chromecast-supported app. Verify that the app is current. This can be checked in the Apple App Store.
- Tap the Cast button. The Cast button appears as a small TV screen that has a WiFi signal. Depending on the app, the Cast button will be located in the upper right corner or the left corner depending on the app.
- Select the device that you want to cast to and then click Cast. You’ll be able to see the options if you have multiple Chromecast devices. After you connect, the Cast button will change color. This means that you are done. Now you can cast and stream videos. You can stop casting by tapping the Cast button again, and Disconnect.