Social media allows you to share the things you love with your friends. Facebook allows users to share posts from other users on their timeline. It all depends on what privacy settings the author has made for the post.
This article will show you how to make a Facebook post shareable.
Privacy Options for Facebook Posts
Facebook offers a variety of privacy options to its users. You might have seen Edit Audience when you post something. This option is the default and allows you to control who can see your posts.
Facebook currently offers the following privacy options for posts on its platform:
- Public: All posts can be viewed by anyone online, regardless of whether they have a Facebook account.
- Friends These posts can only be seen by friends.
- Friends except: You can choose which friends to remove from the audience.
- Only selected friends can view the post and interact with it.
- Only me: You can only view this post.
- Custom This combination of the Friend and Specific Friends options is called Custom. Post authors can add and remove friends from their friends lists.
To make a post accessible to everyone, you must change the audience to the Public. You can choose to block someone on Facebook if you don’t wish to interact with a particular person on the platform.
How to make a Facebook post shareable
Depending on whether you use the Facebook app or the website, editing the privacy settings of your post can be slightly different.
These are the instructions for each platform…
Facebook App: Change a post to public
These steps will allow you to change the audience for a post from Private using the Facebook smartphone application:
- Log in to your account to navigate to the post that you wish to share.
- Click on the three dots icon in the upper-right corner.
- Choose the Edit Privacy option.
- Choose Public now from the available options.
Once you set the settings to public, everyone on Facebook can see and share the post.
You can also set the audience settings for a Facebook post before it is published.
These steps will help you to set your audience and create your post.
- Tap on the Create a new posting by tapping on it.
- To change your privacy settings, tap the first drop-down icon under your name.
- Select Public and tap on Done.
- After editing is done, tap on Post.
How to make a post public on Facebook Web
If you use the web version, you can also adjust your post privacy settings.
Sign in to your Facebook account to share an existing post. Next, navigate to the post that you wish to make public.
To make the post shareable, click on the three dots icon at the top right.
Next, choose the Edit Audience option in the drop-down menu.
You will see a list of possible audiences. To make your post shareable, choose Public.
A post can be shared while you are creating it.
To create a new post, click on the What are you thinking? box. This box can be found on your profile page, your timeline/homepage, and your profile.
In the popup, you’ll see audience settings under the name. Click the drop-down menu icon.
To make your post shareable, choose Public.
To publish your post, complete the form and hit Edit
Facebook Privacy Settings
Not every situation is the right one. Privacy modes are useful when you have personal posts that you don’t want other people to see. To control who can see your posts on Facebook, you can quickly change the audience.
Make sure your post is shareable if you want it to spread widely. However, if you want the post to be shared beyond your friends circle, limit its audience.