Unwanted phone calls can be annoying, especially if the caller hides their number. This trick is a favorite of realtors and salespeople. It helps them get unwitting people to answer their calls. Unfortunately, the receivers often find themselves frustrated and interrupted.
There are ways to stop unwanted calls from interrupting your day if you have an iPhone. This guide will show you how to block unwanted calls from your iPhone.
On the iPhone 10/11 and 12, you can block no caller ID
1. Silence Unknown Callers
iOS 13 and higher supports newer iPhone versions, including the iPhone 10 or iPhone X, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12. iOS 13 introduced a new feature, Silence Unknown Phones. This app directs unknown callers to voicemail. The iPhone will not ring, but it will record the call in Recents. If they leave a voicemail you will be notified.
This is how to enable Silence unknown callers on your iPhone 10 or 12:
- Locate the Settings icon on your iPhone. This icon is a small, grey-colored gear that Apple has created.
- Click on the Settings button, scroll through the menu, and choose the Telephone option.
- Navigate to the Silence unknown Callers menu and slide the toggle to your right to activate the feature. The toggle will turn green when activated.
2. Do Not Disturb
You can also block calls from unknown callers by using the Do Not Disturb feature in your iPhone. It is easy to set this up. Here’s how it works:
- Click on the Settings icon to unlock your iPhone.
- Scroll through the menu and click Do not Disturb.
- Click on Allow calls, then select the All contacts option.
- Close the menus to return to your Homepage screen.
Because it only allows people from your contact list to call you, this solution works. It does not allow any other calls to come through. This could mean that you miss important calls from other numbers.
3. Make a new contact
You can also create a new contact to block unknown numbers. This can be called “Do Not Answer” (or “No Caller ID”), but your iPhone cannot block private or hidden numbers as it can’t recognize them. This can be overcome by creating a contact to imitate the unknown number. Here’s how it works:
- To add a contact, navigate to Contacts. Tap the + button.
- In the box, enter ” No caller ID” in the field for the contact’s name.
- Enter “HTL0_ 000-0000000 ” to get the number of your new contact.
- To save, click Done
- Next, scroll down to the contact’s profile and click on the Block This Caller button.
- To confirm your selection, select Block Contact
Your iPhone will now recognize hidden numbers and block them from calling you.
Using an iPhone 6/7/8, you can prevent no caller ID from appearing
1. Add a new contact
All older iPhone models are not supported by the latest iOS system. Your phone might not have Silence unknown callers. There are still ways to stop unknown callers. These steps will help you do this:
- To add a contact to your phone, navigate to the Contacts section of your phone.
- Under the name, enter ” No caller ID” in the profile.
- Add “000-0000000” to the number bar. This will give you the number of your phone.
- To save the contact, select Done
- Scroll down in the saved contact profile to locate Block This Caller, and tap it.
- Choose Block Contact.
2. Activating Do Not Disturb
You can also disable Do not disturb to stop unwanted numbers from calling you. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Settings icon in your phone’s browser.
- Look for Do not Disturb under Settings. Slide the toggle to the right next to this option to activate it. Once the toggle is enabled, it will turn green and a blue moon icon will appear on the status bar.
- Next, tap on the Allow calls from option. Select All contacts. The right side should have a small check.
- Navigate back to Home.
This method works, as we’ve already mentioned. However, it doesn’t block unknown numbers. It will instead block any number that is not on your contact list.
You can also block unknown numbers from your iPhone by going through your carrier. Many of these service providers offer filters or plans that can help you block unwanted calls.
Verizon Service: How to Block Caller ID from iPhones
You can sign up for the Call Filter if you use Verizon as your mobile phone carrier. This app also offers a variety of features, including blocking spam and controlling robocalls.
Verizon subscribers are eligible to receive the free Call Filter. You can upgrade to Call Filter Plus for $2.99 per month if you need a more powerful version.
AT&T Service: How to Block Caller ID from iPhone
AT&T has its own app, called AT&T Call Protection, which helps you to prevent unwanted calls from reaching the phone. All AT&T subscribers with an iPhone 6 and up that supports HD Voice Capable iOS can access the app. The basic version is free, or you can subscribe to the premium version for $3.99 per month. Both options provide Unknown call blocking and Nuisance call alerts.
T-Mobile Service: How to Block Caller ID from an iPhone
T-Mobile offers its own version of the filtering app, called ScamShield. This protects against unwanted calls, spam, and robocalls. You can download the app from either the Google Play Store or App Store. You can upgrade to Scam Shield Premium for a monthly fee if you need a more powerful version.
How to block no caller ID on your iPhone in Australia
You can use the Silence unknown callers feature if you are located in Australia and your iPhone supports iOS 13 or higher. These steps will help you activate the application.
- Navigate to Settings on your iPhone.
- After you have logged into Settings select the Telephone option.
- Scroll down and tap Silence unknown callers. To activate this setting, slide the toggle to your right. The toggle will turn green once enabled.
This feature is only available for unknown numbers. Your iPhone will not recognize a number that you have already interacted with if this happens, but it won’t save it to your contacts.
Installing a third-party application is another way to block calls from unknown callers.
In Hong Kong, how to block no caller ID on iPhones
An app or service provider can be used by iPhone users in Hong Kong to block unwanted calls. If your iPhone supports iOS 13 and above, you can also enable the Silence unknown callers feature.
- Navigate to Setting from Home screen.
- After you have accessed Settings locate Telephone by tapping on it.
- Scroll down until you see the Silence unknown Callers option. Slide the toggle to the left to activate it. When activated, the toggle should glow green.
Nuisance Callers Blocked
Once you are familiar with how to block or silence unknown callers on an iPhone, it is easy to do so. These simple steps will ensure that you only receive calls from the people you wish to speak to. You can also contact your mobile phone company to request a blocking filter.
Are you familiar with how to block unknown calls on your iPhone? Have you used a similar method to the one outlined here? Please leave your comments below.