Casting and mirroring devices to a smart television has become a common practice. The increased number of manufacturers can pose compatibility problems.
Amazon’s Firestick is an example. It doesn’t sync well with other devices straight out of the box. This article will show you how to mirror Android and iOS to a Firestick, as well as Mac, Windows, and Windows.
1. Set up the initial wireless settings
Before you start, ensure that your Amazon Firestick is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the device to which you wish to mirror. devices only working on 2.4GHz might not work or connect to a 5GHz network. Make sure that both devices are in the same band. The following steps will allow you to verify the network’s name:
- Navigate to Settings on the Fire TV Stick’s “Home” page.
- Scroll down and choose Network.
- A list of Wi-Fi connections will appear. There are several options you can choose from. The one marked “Connected” should match the device that you want to mirror to your Firestick. Some Wi-Fi connections can use both 5GHz and 2.4GHz.
Make sure that the devices are connected to the same band (2.4GHZ/5GHz). After you have completed the above steps, you can follow the instructions below depending on which device you wish to mirror to Chrome.
2. Mirroring can be set up on the source device
How to mirror Android to an Amazon Firestick
It is easy to use an Android device to mirror or cast to Firestick, especially since Amazon has removed restrictions on Chromecast. These are the steps to follow:
- Hold down the button on your Fire TV remote until the menu appears. Then, select Settings.
netsh WLAN show drivers
- Go to the “Settings.” menu and select Display & Sounds.
- Next, select “Enable Display Mirroring.”
- The screen displays the status of the wireless mirror and the device that receives the mirrored display. Place your Fire TV on the screen to allow it to connect. Remember the name of your Fire TV Stick.
- Tap on the Screen Cast”, or Cast” icons in the “Quick Settings”. Navigate to “Settings” and search for “Wireless Connections and Bluetooth Connections” (or “Wireless Projection” if it is not there).
- A “Searching to devices …” message appears.
- Tap on the name of your Fire TV to reveal its location.
- After a few seconds, your Fire TV screen should be mirroring that of your phone. To stream videos from Android to Fire TV, tap on the cast.
An Amazon Firestick mirroring Windows 10
Windows 10 defaults Miracast. This is because it connects to Fire TV. Although the steps are similar to casting an Android device for Fire TV settings, there are a few variations.
- Continue to the Display Mirroring Screen section of your Firestick. Keep in mind the name of your Fire TV.
- In Windows 10, click on the icon to receive notifications. It is located at the bottom-right of the Taskbar.
- Click on “Expand.”
- Select Project, then select your preferred display option. This can be changed at any time to meet your needs.
- To connect to your wireless display, click “Connect to your wireless display.”
- To mirror your Fire TV, select the name. Click on “Find Other Types of Devices” In case the name does not appear, you can click on it. To continue mirroring, verify that you are connected (SSID name, band, 2.5GHz or 5GHz).
- Now, your PC’s screen will appear on your TV with the Firestick.
How to mirror an iPhone to an Amazon Firestick
Although it’s not as easy as using the Firestick on Android devices such as the iPhone, it is still possible. iOS and Firestick will not automatically connect like Android. This can be achieved by following the steps:
- Navigate to the Search icon on your Fire TV. It is located in the leftmost corner of the menu.
- Next, type Airscreen into the search box. Then choose Airscreen in the search results.
- To install it, select and click “Get” on the app’s homepage. This app is free and will connect your iPhone to your Firestick TV. To learn more about this app, visit the Airscreen webpage.
- Once AirScreen gets installed, open it. It will display a tutorial popup if you’re using the app for the first time. If you want to view the tutorial, click on the “How To Use” .
- You can access the settings menu by clicking on the icon. Next, ensure that AirPlay has been enabled.
- Go back to the main menu and navigate to ‘Start,” click on the ‘Start icon.
- Swipe down on your iPhone to open the main settings icons. Tap on Screen Mirroring.
- Tap on the name of your Fire TV, then look for it.
- Now your device should mirror to your TV via the Fire TV Stick.
How to Mirror Mac to Amazon Firestick
It’s not surprising that the Apple iPhone and Mac have similar steps for connecting to Fire TV devices. AirScreen remains the most important application for streaming to the Firestick. Follow these steps to get started.
- Do not forget to download the “Airscreen”
- To turn on your Fire TV, go to Settings and click on ” “. The box should have a checkmark next to it.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Select the icon.
- Next, choose “AirPlay.”
- In your Mac Dock, click on the icon. You can activate the icon by going to “Settings (Apple Menu icon) -> Display” and selecting the “Arrangement tab.”
- Select the name of your Fire TV from the AirPlay menu on Mac.
- On your Fire TV remote, press “OK”.
- Now, mirror your screen from your Macbook Pro, Macbook Pro, or MacBook Air.
How to mirror a Chromebook to an Amazon Firestick
Casting any content using a Chromebook is very different to using other devices such as Android, iOS, Mac, or PC. This is because Chromebook locks to Chrome OS.
Chromebook does not require any additional apps. Google approves of them all. This means that casting can only be done on Chromebooks using an HDMI cable. Although there are methods to circumvent this setup, it is not always guaranteed to work.
An alternative would be to disable Chromebook’s Google Play Store.
To Mirror to Fire TV, enable Google Play Store in Chromebook
- At the bottom of the Chromebook’s screen, click on the Quick Settings Panel.
- By clicking the “gear icon”, you can access “Settings”.
- Scroll down, and then click on the “Google Play Store tab,” accept the Terms of Services.
- Now, open the Google Play Store.
The above methods are not guaranteed to cast to an Amazon Fire TV Stick, as we have already stated. Casting is supported by different manufacturers and models of Chromebooks.
While mirroring your screen to an Amazon Firestick may take some getting used to, it is nearly impossible to misinterpret.
FAQs about Firestick Mirroring
Why is my Firestick mirror stream choppy?
Due to previous disagreements between Google & Amazon, the Chromecast & Firestick use different casting protocols. This means compatibility issues between Chromecast and Firestick can occur. This could be the reason for choppy streaming.
It is possible that you are experiencing lag because of slow internet speeds, or a lack thereof. You should also check if any other devices are using the internet connection. This could be an ISP issue.
My Fire TV Stick isn’t showing up. What’s the problem?
You may not see your Fire TV on any of your other devices’ casting options, or vice versa. This could indicate that they are not sharing the same network. The Wi-Fi name must be the same for your Fire TV as the device from which you want to cast. To ensure that your Firestick is on the same network, check your Wi-Fi settings.
What software programs can you use to mirror devices?
Miracast is enabled by default on both Android and PC, as mentioned above. This is the only way to cast with these devices. If they don’t work, you might try the Google Apps mentioned above, which include “AllCast,” “Cast TV,” and “Cast Videos.”
Mirroring is possible for Apple iOS and macOS with the AirScreen app, which can be downloaded from the Fire TV menu.