Your iPhone might slow down if you have a lot of photos. Your iPhone comes with a 5GB free iCloud account. However, this might not provide enough storage for all your videos and photos. Here’s how you can quickly delete all photos from your iPhone, and all photos saved on iCloud.
How to delete all the photos on your iPhone
Open the Photos app, then go to Photo > All Photos. Next, hit Select and drag the photo up until you have selected all photos and videos. Next, tap the Trash icon to select Delete photos.
Notification: Before you delete all your photos, please make sure to read our guide on how to transfer photos from an iPhone to a computer.
- Open Photos on your iPhone.
- Then select Library. In the left-hand corner, you will find this option.
- Next tap All photos. This will appear in the lower-right corner.
- Next, tap Select. You will see this in your upper-right corner.
- Next, tap the last image and drag your finger up to the top of the screen.
Not pressing too hard will cause a preview of your photo to appear instead. Drag your finger horizontally over the first photo, then drag it up to your screen.
- Tap the Trash icon. You’ll find it near the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Next, click Delete photos. This will show you how many photos are being deleted. After you have deleted all of your photos, the text No Videos or Photos will appear in the middle.
If you do not remove your photos manually, it may take up to 30 days before all of your photos are deleted from your iPhone. To do this, swipe down to Recent Deleted. Next, tap Select > All. Select Delete Photos. This action can’t be undone.
You can permanently delete all of your mobile devices by searching for and removing any photos stored in your account. Here’s how:
How to Delete Photos From iCloud
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on your Apple ID. This button is located at the top right of your Settings and has your name.
- Next tap iCloud.
- Next, tap Manage Storage. This will appear directly below the bar graph showing how much space has been taken up and what is happening to it.
- Next, select Photos.
- Next, tap Disable. This will remove all photos from your iCloud account. All your videos and photos on iCloud will be deleted after a maximum period of 40 days.