It’s useful to know how to download YouTube videos in various situations.
You don’t need to worry about buffering due to network congestion or slowdown when downloading YouTube videos.
- How do I edit YouTube videos
- How do I download YouTube videos to Chrome
- How can I download music from YouTube
YouTube allows you to share videos via embeds or social media. Is it legal to save YouTube videos? To ensure that you are on the right side (and YouTube), we address this issue below.
Here’s how to download YouTube videos offline for your personal use.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUTUBE VEHICLES ON
iPads and iPhones
Android phones, tablets
Is downloading YouTube videos legal? Here’s what you need to know
The terms and conditions for YouTube state that you cannot access any Content except as allowed by these Terms of Service. You must not download any Content unless YouTube has provided a link to the same or similar content.
You can download YouTube videos responsibly by purchasing YouTube Premium at $11.99
YouTube may terminate an account if you break the ToS.
The issue isn’t all black and white. After the Recording Industry Association of America had complained that YouTube-dl violated Section 1201 of Digital Millennium Copyright Act, GitHub restored the open-source YouTube-dl tool. GitHub discovered that YouTube-dl had been used by educators and journalists in non-copyright-infringing ways.
YouTube content that can be downloaded includes videos that aren’t copyrighted and clips that are covered by a Creative Commons licence. Also, homemade videos that your family and friends have shared (and they don’t mind you downloading).
How to download YouTube videos from iPhone and iPad
It can be difficult to download YouTube videos from your iPhone or iPad, as Apple controls the apps in its store. There are many options if your phone is jailbroken. However, if that’s not an option, this is the easiest and best way to do it.
- Download and open the app data-merchant-id=”30557″ data-merchant-name=”apple.com” data-merchant-network=”ImpactRad” data-merchant-url=”apple.com” data-placeholder-url=”https://apple.sjv.io/c/221109/473657/7613?subId1=hawk-custom-tracking&sharedId=hawk-prefix&u=https%3A%2F%2Fapps.apple.com%2Fus%2Fapp%2Fdocuments-by-readdle%2Fid364901807″ data-url=”https://apps.apple.com/us/app/documents-by-readdle/id364901807″ href=”https://apple.sjv.io/c/221109/473657/7613?subId1=tomsguide-row-9673053155378672000&sharedId=tomsguide-row&u=https%3A%2F%2Fapps.apple.com%2Fus%2Fapp%2Fdocuments-by-readdle%2Fid364901807″>Documents by Readdle.
- Tap on the compass icon to open the web browser and go to www.videosolo.com/online-video-downloader/.
- Enter a YouTube link into the box and click “Download.” After a few seconds, the video will be decoded and generate a list with different output formats and quality options.
- Click “Download” to download the desired output option.
- Enter the name and location to download the video.
- To view the videos you have downloaded, tap the Downloads section at the bottom of the navigation bar.
- You can save the videos you have downloaded to your iPhone/iPad hard drive by going back to the Documents screen and opening your Downloads folder.
- Tap the three dots icon to locate the video you are interested in and then tap it.
- Tap on Save Video and then Share.
- The Photos app allows you to locate the YouTube videos that have been downloaded.
How to download YouTube videos to your Mac
You can download YouTube videos to your Mac using a variety of programs and tools.
You can use the built-in screen capture tool in macOS to capture your screen. Although it won’t be of high quality, it is something. To open the screen recording options, press Command + Shift + 5. You can choose to record a specific window or the entire screen. You can also change the options to include audio via your Mac’s microphone.
4K video downloader is the best program to download YouTube videos to Mac in high-quality formats. You can download up to 30 videos per day for free, or upgrade to a premium plan. You can download videos up to 8K in quality, and in many formats. 4K Video Downloader also allows you to grab entire YouTube playlists.
- Open 4K Video Downloader by downloading and installing it.
- Copy the YouTube link of a video you like.
- In the menu, click Paste Link.
- After selecting from the various formats and quality options, click Download.
- Once your video has been downloaded, click on the three dots icon to play it, locate it on your computer, and take other actions.
How to download YouTube videos from Android
Google prohibits you from downloading YouTube videos using an Android app. You can download YouTube to your tablet or phone by downloading an APK file outside of the Play store. We recommend TubeMate as our best recommendation. Here’s how you can use it.
- TubeMate can be downloaded and installed on your Android smartphone. You might need to modify your security settings.
- Use TubeMate to search for a YouTube video.
- Click the green Download button.
- Select from the available formats and quality options. Click the green Download button.
- To find your video, tap the Downloads List button in the bottom menu. You can also access the Downloads List by tapping the three dots icon at the upper right corner on the TubeMate menu.
- To save a video, tap the three dots icon beside it. You can also rename it or move it to another location.
How to download YouTube videos from a computer
4K video downloader is the best way to get YouTube videos onto a Windows computer. For downloading YouTube videos to your Mac, follow the steps we have outlined.
You can also download YouTube videos to your computer using the free program LLC Media Player. Here’s how it works.
- If you do not have VLC Media Player installed on your Windows PC, download and install it.
- Copy the URL to a YouTube video and save it to your clipboard.
- Click the Media menu at the top-left corner of VLC. Open Network Stream.
- Copy the video address and paste it into the box “Please enter the network URL”. Click Play. VLC will begin playing the YouTube video.
- Go to Tools, Codec Information, and copy the URL from the Location Box at the bottom.
- Copy the URL and click OK to open the video in a new tab.
Right-click the video and select “Save video as” to download the YouTube video in MP4 format.
You now know how to download YouTube videos. If you are interested in uploading your own content to YouTube , check out our guide.