Everybody knows their age well. Do you know the age of your smartphone? You might be surprised how long iPhones can last. You will see older models, such as the iPhone SE, 6, and 7, in public places. The iPhone SE, 6, and 7 were launched in 2016 or earlier. Every iPhone model is guaranteed to run smoothly for at most 5 years. You can find out the resale price of your iPhone if you are looking to replace it. You will need to know the age of your phone. It may be difficult to locate its bill or box if it is too old. We’ll show you how to locate your iPhone.
There are several ways to find out how old your iPhone is
- Apple’s Check Coverage
- Apple Support App
- Using Chipmunk Klantenservice
This is done by knowing the serial number of your iPhone.
How to find your iPhone’s serial number
(1) Go to the Settings section of your iPhone.
(2) Select the General option.
(3) Tap on the General menu to tap the About button.
(4) Now your iPhone’s Serial Number will be displayed. Take a note.
Apple’s Check Coverage allows you to find the iPhone’s age
This is the moment you get your serial number. Let’s now find out your age.
(1) On your iPhone or PC, go to Apple’s Check Coverage website checkcoverage.apple.com
(2) Enter your serial number in the area indicated and then enter the CAPTCHA. Continue
(3) You will see details about your iPhone on the next screen. The Repairs & Service Coverage will show you the Estimated Expiration date. The service coverage is valid for one year. You can determine the age of your iPhone by entering the date.
The Estimated Expiration Date will not appear if you use your iPhone for longer than one year. In that case, you can opt for the Chipmunk Klantenservice.
Use Apple Support App to find iPhone’s age
Apple Support is used to communicate with Apple customer executives and to report bugs. The app allows you to find out the age of your iPhone. The Apple Support app doesn’t come pre-installed on iPhones, which is strange. It must be downloaded from the App Store.
(1) Download the Apple Support App for your iPhone.
(2) Click the Device Details Button.
(3) iPhones less than one-year-old will be subject to the Coverage Information.
(4) You can use that date to determine the age of your iPhone.
(5) You will need to use the next method if there is no date on the Coverage Info.
Chipmunk Klantenservice reveals the age of iPhones
Chipmunk Klantenservice, a third-party tool that determines the age of your iPhone’s battery, is available. It also requires the serial number.
(1) Go to the Chipmunk website
(2) Enter your serial number in the area indicated and then click on the Show more button.
(3) Scroll to the bottom for all information about your iPhone. Notify the Production Year and Productivity Week. This will allow you to easily calculate the iPhone’s age.
You can use the SNDeepInfo website, which is similar to the Chipmunk Klantenservice technique, to determine the age of your iPhone. You will actually get more information about the age of your iPhone. The age of your iPhone will be displayed in years and the year of its production. You can also see the iPhone’s color and other specifications. To get more information, go to the SNDeepInfo website. Enter your iPhone’s serial number.
The Simplest Method
This simple method will instantly determine your iPhone’s approximate age.
One can easily determine the age of an iPhone by simply looking at its serial number. Serial numbers are combination alphabets and numbers that indicate the model number, manufactured date, time, and place.
The serial number usually has 12 characters. Be sure to note the fourth character.
K – 2013 (First half)
L – 2013 (Second half)
M – 2014 (First half)
N – 2014 (Second half)
P- 2015 (First Half)
Q- 2015 (Second Half)
R- 2016 (First Half)
S- 2016 (Second Half)
T- 2017 (First Half)
V- 2017 (Second Half)
W- 2018 (First Half)
X- 2018 (Second Half)
Y- 2019 (First Half)
Z – 2019 (First half)
D – 2020 (Second half)
This will allow you to find the answer to your question about when my iPhone was made and activated. This worked flawlessly for our iPhones when we tried it. iPhones launched after 2021 will not be able to use the 4th character method.
To check if you have received a soft copy of your bill from the place you purchased your iPhone, you can use the search function on your emails. It may not be possible to find the hard copy of your iPhone purchase bill.
These are the methods you can use in order to determine the age of your iPhone. This will give you the serial number of your iPhone and help you determine its age. This information is useful if you plan to sell or exchange your iPhone.
You can also leave comments if you have questions about your iPhone. You can let us know if you find any errors in the information. We are on Twitter and Facebook.