Although Discord is a synonym of disagreement, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be friendly when exchanging views with others. Chat apps are a great way to chat with others interested in the same topics as you.
It’s not uncommon for a simple misunderstanding or a divergent opinion to lead to a bigger dispute. This happens often in online forums, as you don’t know how other people feel about your words.
Here’s how you can report inappropriate comments or behavior to Discord if you are in an unpleasant situation.
How to report a user on Discord using iPhone App
Discord makes it easy to report a user. It is much easier than using a desktop computer to file a complaint. You need to enter ID codes.
Discord users can be reported on iPhones, which makes it easy. The process is quick, but you shouldn’t report any offensive messages. It is recommended that you verify that Discord’s rules are being broken by the user.
Not all messages can be reported. You can’t report a message that has been deleted. It is important to save all messages, even those that are hurtful, until the problem has been resolved.
Use the Discord App to Report a Message from Someone using Your iPhone’s App:
- Find the message that you wish to report.
- Hold the button at the top of your message.
- Choose to “Report” from the pop-up menu.
If this method of reporting Discord users does not work, enable Developer Mode. Report them using the message ID and user ID.
Report someone on Discord using IDs from Your iPhone
These steps will help you report a Discord account to an iPhone.
- Open Discord on your iPhone. Next, tap the profile icon at the lower right-hand side.
- Select “Appearance”
- Locate ” Developer mode” then slide the toggle to ” ON ” position.
- Get the IDs required to report the user: their ID and the messageID.
Open the profile of the user to get their ID. You can do this by tapping the three dots at the top right corner. Choose Copy ID from the menu.
To copy the message ID tap on the message that you wish to report and hold down the button. Next, select Copy Message Link from The List.
Important: Copy the ID you copied earlier. If you don’t place it first, the second ID you copy will replace it. You can, for example, use the Notes app on iPhone.
- Once you have collected your IDs, visit the Discord Trust & Safety Center to file your report for the Discord team to evaluate. In the Description box, provide the IDs you have copied and a brief explanation of the problem.
How to report a user on Discord using Android App
The Android app is similar to iOS in that you can report a user. These steps will help you report a user.
- Start the Discord app from your tablet or phone.
- To access the menu, open the user settings. Tap your profile image.
- Scroll down to the “App Settings” tab, and tap it to bring it up.
- Select Behavior from the new screen.
- Click on “Chat Behavior” to toggle the Developer Mode option to “ON”.
After you have enabled “Developer Mode”, locate the message that you wish to report along with its author. To open the user’s profile, tap on their image and copy their “ID”.
- Hold the message in your hand and tap to enlarge
- Select Copy to Clipboard.
- Continue to paste the “UserID” and “Message ID” boxes in the “Trust and Safety Center”. Next, describe the issue.
The Discord team will take care of your report once you have submitted it.
You can report hate speech to moderators on a server. Talking to users first can help you resolve problems if they have written something that is not in line with the guidelines.
In the event of a serious rule violation, you can always report it to Trust and Safety Team.
How to report a user on Discord using Windows App
Are you using Discord on your computer? This is how to report a user in the Windows app.
- Open Discord on Windows.
- Move to the server where the offender communicates. Right-click on the Discord ID of the user.
- Click Copy ID.
You can report the message to this address:
- Open Discord, and then head over to the server that has the offensive message.
- Click on the three dots to the right of your message. Note The dots will appear when you hover above the message.
- Click Copy Message link in the dropdown
You are now ready to report the user the Trust and Safety team. Both the User ID as well as the Message Link/ID are available to you. The message ID is not required if you don’t have a specific message to report but you only want to report the behavior of the user in general. You can skip the previous set of instructions in this case.
You will need to enter your email address along with the IDs. Also, briefly explain why you are reporting this person. Once you are done, click on “Submit,”. That’s it.
You can check your email regularly to see what happened to your report.
On the Mac app for Discord, you can report a user
You’ll find that Discord allows you to report users on Mac computers in the same way you can for Windows PCs.
All you have to do is:
- Open Discord on your Mac and select Settings (gear icon at the bottom).
- Select “Appearance” from the left sidebar.
- Toggle Developer Mode to “ON” in the “Advanced” section.
- To get the User ID for your Report, tap the username in the list of Friends, then click “CopyID.” Do not forget that “Developer Mode”, “ON” or “CopyID” will not appear in the menu.
- Copy their ID and paste it to the text doc you choose. “Developer Mode” must be “ON.”
- Continue the above steps for the user’s message. To get the link, hover your cursor over the message.
- Add the IDs to your report. Once you are done, click Submit.
How to report a discord user who is under 13
Social platforms won’t allow you to create profiles if you are older than 13. It’s sometimes difficult to prove that someone is younger than 13 years old. If you suspect that someone is breaking this rule, however, you can report it to Discord and the Discord team will handle it. You should be aware that Discord won’t ban someone unless there is solid proof of their age.
How do you report a suspicious user?
Discord suggests that you send them an email. You can also use Discord’s official report form to report the user as any other report. Add the reason in the Description box and then use the Attachments option if you have proof.
You want to learn more about Discord’s reporting of people? This article may be of assistance to you.
Can I Block Discord Users?
Yes. Yes. You can use any device you like to block someone’s profile or direct messages. Then, you won’t have the ability to see each other anymore on the platform.
You can only block messages by opening Privacy Settings. Click the down arrow in the upper left corner, near the server name.
If the toggle is toggled off, direct messages from members will no longer be allowed.
To block someone, click their username to view their profile. Click the three dots icon beside the Send Friend request button. You will see a drop-down menu. Select Block and that’s all.
What is the right time to report a user on Discord?
It is important to ensure that Discord rules are being followed. These are the top reasons to report a user on Discord:
* Spam messages can be sent
* Threatening or harassing other users
* Sharing photos about animal cruelty
* Sharing child pornography
* Violation of IP rights
* Promoting suicide or self-harm
* Distributing viruses
If they are picking on you, you can also report them. Discord is not a place where you should feel threatened. It’s a place for people to chat with others who share your interests. You can talk to the user or ask a moderator for assistance before reporting them. Reporting someone is the best option if that fails.
How can I get a Discord report back?
You might have accidentally reported the wrong person, or you feel that the report is unnecessary after further review. You can retract your complaint but Discord will need to be contacted . Select the Appeals option from the How do we help dropdown when you go to the Contact page.
Improve your Discord Environment
You have to take action if someone is being toxic, cruel or insensitive in an environment that encourages friendship and fun. Not only will it benefit you but everyone’s Discord experience, reporting inappropriate users can make Discord even better.
It is absurd that anyone should have to deal online with rude comments and inappropriate behavior. These things are unacceptable in real life, so you shouldn’t have to deal with harassment online.
Do you remember ever wanting to report someone on Discord What was your solution? Share your thoughts below.