Mono Audio is a feature that can be used with an iPhone and a headset to aid hearing impairments. The stereo effect is a way to break up sounds in headphones and headsets so you can hear one part in one ear. This simulates the way your ears process sound.
If you have difficulty hearing or are deaf, your iPhone will only pick up a small portion of what is in your hearing ear. This can cause frustration. Mono Audio can be turned on to allow iPhone to play all the sounds in each ear.
- On the Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Tap General, scroll down and tap Accessibility.
- Scroll down in the Accessibility pane and tap the Mono Audio ON/OFF button to activate the feature.
- Drag the slider to L to send sound to your left ear only. Tap and drag it to R to send sound to your right ear.
- To close Settings, tap the Home button.
Closed-captioning is a great feature for people with hearing difficulties. You can use the closed captioning feature in the video player to display onscreen text that represents dialogue and actions as the movie plays (if the device supports closed-captioning).