Your iPhone is water-resistant, but water can still get to the speaker and charger ports if it’s used in the bath or a quick swim. You don’t need to dry your iPhone immediately. With a simple shortcut, your iPhone can drain the water for you.
Shortcuts have a shortcut that will get you water out in under a minute. Let’s look at how you can download it and how to use it.
How to download the Water Eject Shortcut
It is easy to download the shortcut and activate it in less than a minute. Before you start, ensure that you have the Shortcuts app (free) installed on your iPhone. Also, ensure that you have an internet connection and that iOS has the most recent version.
Follow these steps to download the Water Eject shortcut.
- This third-party shortcut is not available for download. You will need to do so from the Shortcuts Gallery website. To download it, click this link.
- A popup window will open. To download the shortcut, press Open.
- Use Shortcut.
- Your shortcut will be added in the My Shortcuts screen of the Shortcuts app.
You will need to Allow Untrusted Cuts in Setting > Shortcuts to update to iOS 15.
How to run the water eject shortcut
Once you’ve added the Shortcut successfully, these are the steps to follow:
- Go to the My Shortcuts screen and open Shortcuts.
- To run the water eject shortcut, tap it.
- Click to start.
- You will be asked to select an intensity levels. You can choose what intensity level you feel is appropriate based on how much water has been in your iPhone. Higher results are achieved by using the maximum intensity.
- Your volume sidebar will appear to the side of your screen. Your iPhone will vibrate at a certain frequency and the volume will remain at 100%. You will hear a sound once it is complete.
- Then, you will be asked if you are allowed to connect to that website. Tap It’s okay to do so.
How to add the Water Eject Shortcut on Your Home Screen
You can add this shortcut to your iPhone Home Screen if you need it quickly in an emergency. The same steps can be used to share the shortcut with another person who might need it to flush water from their iPad or iPhone speakers. Here’s how:
- Open the Shortcuts App and locate the Water Eject shortcut.
- Tap the three dots at the Water Eject shortcut.
- To send the Share to your contact, tap the icon at the bottom. In the same popup, you can also Add to Your Home Screen. To add it to the Home Screen, tap on it.
You have water in your iPhone? No problem
Your iPhone microphones may have water inside. If your voice is muffled on recordings or phone calls, this could be a sign that you are using the wrong iPhone microphones. This quick trick will allow you to quickly drain the water from your speakers and microphones, and dry them in no time.
Click the link to access the shortcut. You can set the intensity to your preference. After you have done this, your phone will vibrate at maximum volume with a specific frequency to eliminate any water from your speakers.