Clearing the cache on a device regularly improves its performance and protects it against malware. Although we delete cookies and cache from our phones and computer browsers, we forget to do this for our Samsung Smart TVs.
If you don’t clear your cache frequently, you will often notice a shortage of memory on your Samsung smart TV.
You can also delete or evaluate the apps that you don’t use while performing the “Clear Cache” operation. This will help you save a lot of storage space on your Smart TV.
This article will show you how to clear the cache from your TV.
What does cache storage mean for your Smart TV?
The Samsung Smart TV is an excellent choice, both in terms of its performance and features. A cache is a temporary storage area that stores images and other information on smart devices. The cache is useful for opening the app as it will provide the data quicker from the cache.
The cache size can affect the performance and speed of running apps. It is a good idea to clear the cache on your Samsung Smart TV regularly to ensure smooth operation.
Clearing cache is necessary for what?
Clearing the cache on Samsung Smart TV has many benefits:
- Speed – The TV’s speed could be increased if it doesn’t clear the cache.
- Protection against malware: Clearing your Smart TV’s cache can help protect it from malicious software and viruses.
- Performance improvements: Sites that have garbage data stored in their cache may not function correctly. It is possible to clear it.
- Space is essential for smart TVs. There are many exciting features on today’s smart TVs, and all of them need space in order to work! Clearing cache gives you the space you need to install new apps.
How to clear cache on Samsung Smart TV
Your Samsung TV can collect large amounts of browsing data and cookies over time. This could adversely impact the browsing experience.
Method 1 – 2020 models and higher
Device Care is available for 2020 models and older. It can clean your TV’s memory.
Start device care by selecting Home > Settings > Support > Device care.
Method 2 – 2019 Samsung TVs
To clear the device cache or create more memory, you can use your TV Device Administrator.
Select Home >> Settings >> Self-Diagnosis >> TV device manager.
Method 3 – 7 Series
- Go to Settings
- Choose Support
- Click on Self-Diagnosis
- Click TV Device Manager
The screen should show Memory Boost, Clean Running Apps, and Manage Storage. You can now select and save!
This is applicable to most Samsung 7 Series models.
Visit Smart Hub. Click Settings >>>>> Support >>> Self Diagnosis >>> Smart Hub Reset
After turning off your Samsung TV, turn it on and hold the power button for approximately 20 seconds. The TV’s cache will then be cleared.
These prerequisites apply to all models.
Before you go to the TV settings, make sure that either the HDMI input mode or TV Mode is turned on.
These steps will clear cached media and cookies. It won’t affect Bookmarks or History.
Follow these steps to get a TU/Q/LS model TV.
- Use the remote control to navigate to the Home menu. Continue to Settings.
- Go to the Broadcasting tab. To get it to broadcast, you will need to select “TV” as the input source. Next, choose Expert Settings from the menu.
- Click on HbbTV Settings in the Expert Settings.
- Click on Delete browsing information. A confirmation popup will open. You can click Delete to close the popup.
For Frame Model TVs and MU/M/NU/RU/Q
These steps should work. If Expert Settings is not working, change the source to Live TV, and then recheck the Broadcasting tab.
After you have deleted the cookies, a popup success notification will be displayed.
These are the steps for Smart TV models K/KU/KS:
- Click the Home button on your remote control and then go to Settings in the window.
- Select Expert Settings from the Broadcasting tab.
- Select the HbbTV Settings option.
- Click on Delete browsing information. If you wish to delete device cookies, a confirmation box will be displayed.
- To proceed, click on the Yes button. After a few minutes, the device cache will be cleared.
Follow these steps to get J/JU/JS Model TVs:
- Start the web browser app.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner of the app.
- Choose Privacy & Security among the menu options.
- Click on Delete Browsing Data. Click Yes to confirm and clear your cache.
If Samsung Cache Clearing Fails…
Resetting your TV is an option. However, a reset will wipe all data from your TV, including its memory.
Go to Settings >> Support >> Auto Diagnosis >> Reset your TV and enter your PIN (default is 0000).
Clear cache for an app on Samsung TV
Samsung smart TVs require that you clear cache data for each app separately, just as you would for a smartphone. These are the steps you can use to clear the cache for a specific Smart TV app.
- The Home icon can be pressed on the remote control of your TV.
- Select Apps from the Settings tab.
- Next, select the app whose cache you wish to delete.