Snapchat has been plagued by a constant crash issue for quite some time. Many users have complained about frequent crashes of the app. Some users claim that Snapchat crashes on iPhone after it launches, while others say that the app freezes when being used and then automatically quits. It’s frustrating, and it needs to be fixed immediately. We have 10 ways to fix Snapchat not working on iPhones. These hacks can help you get Snapchat back on track.
Here are 10 tips to fix Snapchat’s crash issue on iPhone
Snapchat could be crashing on your iPhone.
App crashing is a very common occurrence on iPhones and any other smartphone. It’s not something to worry about. It’s not hard to find out why Snapchat has been experiencing crashing issues for so many years.
Snap may not have been able to identify the root cause of the problem despite numerous attempts. Perhaps the social network app needs to be updated from time to time. Failure to do so can trigger the problem. Maybe there’s an iOS bug lurking that is spoilsports. Your VPN service could also be in danger.
It’s difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of Snapchat’s frequent crashing because there are many possible causes. We will therefore try different ways to fix Snapchat’s frequent crashing problems.
Force Kill Snapchat, Relaunch It
Force quit an app if it seems to be acting strangely. This little trick is often enough to get the job done. It’s easy to use and won’t harm your data so it’s worth a try.
- iPhone with home button: Double press the home button to open the App Switcher. To force kill an app, swipe up on its card.
- iPhone without the home button: To access the App Switcher, swipe up from the home bar. To force quit the app, swipe up on its card.
Clear Snapchat History
Clearing the cache may be the solution if Snapchat crashes on your iPhone. Clearing the cache may help you fix Snapchat’s crashing issues if it has been a while since you cleared the cache. Clearing the history will not only allow the app to run smoothly, but it may also help you save some storage space on your iOS device.
- Open Snapchat from your iOS device. Your profile is at the top left. The settings icon is at the top right.
- Go to the Account Activities section. Click Clear Cache. A popup will appear informing you that Snapchat would be restarted and all caches have been deleted. You don’t have to worry, your memories backup is safe.
Rebooting your iPhone can sometimes help you get rid of bugs and glitches. To turn off your iPhone, press and hold the power (or power button + volume button for Face ID-equipped iPhones) and then turn it on again.
Hard Reset Your iPhone
When you hard reset your iPhone, certain cache and temporary files are flushed out, which often results in rapid battery drain or excessive cellular data consumption.
- Go to the Settings app for iPhone. -> General > Background App Refresh. -> Find Snapchat. Turn on the toggle next.
Snapchat Update on Your iPhone
Snapchat releases frequent updates to address various bugs and improve performance. It is better to keep the app updated to make sure it runs smoothly. The problem could be caused by an outdated version of the social-networking app that you haven’t updated in a while. Many issues can be fixed by updating to the latest Snapchat version.
- Navigate to App Store from your iPhone -> Profile at the top right Section -> Update All. Find Snapchat, then click the update button.
Snapchat Server: Make Sure It Isn’t Facing Outage
It’s worth checking the server status of Snapchat if it continues to crash on iOS devices. To check the status of Snapchat’s server, visit Downdetector.com. Just type Snapchat into the search box and hit enter. You will soon see the status information about the app on the site. You can’t do much if the social networking app goes down.
You can disable VPN on your iPhone
Is your iOS device using a VPN? If so, you might want to deactivate the VPN service. It could be interfering with Snapchat’s internet connectivity.
- Go to Settings app from your device -> General ->VPN & Device Management ->VPN. Disable the VPN service.
- Next, open Snapchat and check if the crash issue is resolved.
Snapchat Apps Deleted by Third Parties
You might have installed third-party Snapchat apps such as “Z: Make Friends on Snapchat” or “Swipe”, no. Hold the app icon and click on Remove App -> Delete Application -> Delete.
Snapchat: Delete and Reinstall
Reinstalling an app and deleting it is a safe option to fix persistent problems. This is the best thing to do if an app appears to be malfunctioning. However, this drastic solution will erase all data associated with the app. Don’t forget to back up your data.
- Hold the Snapchat icon at the top of the screen. To confirm the deletion, hit delete.
- Go to Appstore and search Snapchat for a new installation.
- After Snapchat has been reinstalled open the app and sign in to your account. You can then use the app for a while to determine if the crash issue has been resolved. Many problems can be solved by updating the app.
Try updating software for your iPhone if Snapchat keeps behaving badly. This could be caused by an outdated version of the software or a bug.
- Go to the Settings App on iPhone -> General > Software Update. Allow your device to scan for updates. If an update is available, it will be displayed.
- Make sure that your device has at least 50% battery and is connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection. After you’ve completed these requirements, click Download and install.
Snapchat Issue Solved
This is it! You should now be able to fix the Snapchat crash issue on your iOS device. These tips are reliable in fixing the problem, according to what I’ve seen. You can often fix the issue by updating the app and clearing the cache. You can also delete and reinstall the app. Let me know the trick that helped you fix Snapchat on your iPhone. Let me know if you have any other tips or tricks that can help you troubleshoot this social network app.