Screen Time allows you to track your use, overcome your smartphone/laptop addiction and set up parental controls that protect your child against explicit content.
7 methods to fix screen time not appearing on Mac (2022).
What is the reason your Mac’s screen doesn’t show data?
The problem could be due to a rare bug within macOS.
1. Switch off/on the screen
ScreenTime will not display the correct data or act strangely if it does. I can switch it off/on. This simple, but effective solution is highly recommended.
- Open the App Preferences for Mac -> Screen Time.
- Next, click Options in the sidebar.
- Next, click on the To disable
- Next, click on the Apple menu left to choose Start
- After your Mac has restarted, you can go back to the Screen Time setting. To activate Screen Time, click on the Turn off button.
After you have used your Mac for approximately half an hour, return to system preferences -> Screen time setting to verify that everything is working correctly.
- All devices signed in with Apple ID and iCloud can be viewed using data. Next, select “Share between devices” on each Mac. Then, turn this option off using the Settings app. -> Timesettings.
- To see the usage of one device, click the menu at the bottom.
- To switch between days, hover above the weekly chart to use the buttons below.
- To see the total usage per week, click This Week in the date menu at the top of your browser.
- To view usage, create a child account. Select the name of your child in the upper-left corner.
2 To make sure that your screen time works, check the Apple Server.
Apple servers may experience problems from time to time, even though this is rare.
These methods are used to monitor the health and status of Apple’s systems.
- Use a browser to navigate to the Apple System Page.
Wait for the system status page to refresh to resolve the problem.
3. Update Problematic Apps
Screen time doesn’t show usage data for certain apps on your Mac.
- Open the Mac app store. In the sidebar, click on Updates.
- To update your app, click Update or hit All.
Once you have installed the apps, you are ready to start using them. Next, go to your Screen Time to see if you are seeing the apps being used.
4. Disable and reinstall Ill-Functioning Apps
There is no solution yet. Certain apps may not display on the screen.
- Open Explorer on your Mac. Next, open Applications.
- To find the Mac App Store, open it and then reinstall it.
5 Sign In and Sign Back into Your Apple ID
Sign out with your Apple ID, then sign back into Screen Time. You can prevent data loss by ensuring that all sync processes are completed before you sign back in.
Important Note – Regular backups are vital to protect your Mac in the event of software or hardware issues.
Many users have had this problem. Keep a copy of all data you were given so that it doesn’t go missing.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac. Apple ID.
- Click Sign In.
- You will need to back up your iCloud data before you sign in.
- Next, Enter your Apple ID password then click Continue
Log out of Apple ID and verify that Screen Time is working properly again.
6. Upgrading Your Mac
Screen Time may not be working on your Mac if there is a software problem. You can fix the problem by updating macOS.
- Open your Mac to access the App Preferences. Software Update
- For the latest updates, check your Mac. To see the latest version, click Update Now.
You can continue to the next step if there are no updates for your Mac.
7. Reset your Mac completely
This means you’ve tried everything. This will reset your Mac completely.
Reset Macs with M1 Security Chip Or With T2 Security Chip, macOS Monterey
Apple made it easy to wipe all data off Macs using Apple Silicon or Macs equipped with the T2 security chips.
- Open System Preferences for your Mac. After the app has opened, click “System Preferences” in the menu bar.
- Click the “Erase all Content and Settings” button. Next, follow these steps to restore your Mac.
Only macOS Monterey users can use this option. Apple Silicon is the best way to reset your Intel Mac.
Apple Silicon – Reset Mac
- Turn the Mac on and keep pressing the power button, until you see “Startup Options”.
- You may be asked for your admin password and your Apple ID password.
- Use Disk Utility to start the process, then click “Continue”.
- To erase your SSD, click on the “Erase” button.
- You have the option to choose a name or a format to describe your drive.
- Name: Macintosh HD
- Format to the APFS
Notice: Apple recommends that your hard drive be named Macintosh HD, even though you can name it whatever you want.
- After you have deleted all data on your Mac, it is possible to make it active once again.
- Please Click Here to Reinstall macOS
You might see the error “Computer Account Creation Fail” when you reset an M1-based Mac to factory settings.
Reset your Mac using Intel Processors
Resetting an Intel-based Mac with the same steps as an M1 Mac is possible. These are the steps.
- Turn on the Mac. Press the “command + R” key on the keyboard to see the Apple logo.
- You’ll now be in the Recovery utility area of your Intel Mac. Apple’s official guide to how to delete an Intel Mac ( website ).
Mac Fixed screen time not showing up
Screen Time issues on Mac: This concludes the troubleshooting guide.