Microsoft Outlook’s Search option is a powerful tool. Outlook search will function again no matter how fast your search speed.
1. Run Windows Search Troubleshooter
We will not be able to address Outlook-specific problems until we look at the Windows search troubleshooter. Setup > Update and Security
Select Troubleshoot. Next, navigate to Additional troubleshooters. Select Search. Click Run Troubleshooter.
2. Outlook Search is not working Rebuild Outlook Index
Start by downloading the Outlook search solution. This will resolve your issue quickly.
Method1: Use Features, Programs
- Outlook search is not working? This is how you rebuild the Outlook index.
- Use Windows’ search engine to type “control”, then choose a match for the Control Panel.
- Navigate to Features & Programs.
- Scroll down and select Outlook Microsoft Office (your version). Or Microsoft 365.
- Click Edit in your top menu.
- Choose Next, Repair to fix Outlook indexing issues via your Internet access.
Now, wait for the process to complete. You can then reboot your system.
Step 2: Use the Outlook Index repairs menu option
Outlook offers an additional menu for index repair. It’s all that is required to find its exact location.
Open Outlook. Select Navigation Options. Next, click Advanced.
Then click . Restart your system after the rebuild is completed.
Double-check your Indexing Status
You can quickly verify the Outlook indexing status with this tool.
Outlook will allow you to type “search” into the Please inform me Toolbar. Then click Indexing status to see how many items remain to be indexed. However, some items will not be indexed.
3. Outlook Index locations
Next check Outlook’s inclusion on your list.
Open Outlook. Navigate to Edit > Option > Search. Indexing Options. Check the Modify box on the Indexing options panels. Next, click on OK.
Now reboot the system.
4. Fix Outlook Search With the Registry
Outlook lookup is possible using the Windows Registry.
To open Run, hit Windows Key +R. Enter Regedit. Hit the Enter key to open Registry Editor. Then, press Ctrl+F. This will open a search box. Once the search results are displayed, copy and paste the registry code.
Once you find it, choose the right-hand side panel and click the right-click to select NEW DWOOL (32-bit). Name the new Dword PreventIndexingOutlook and assign it the value 0.
Select OK restart your computer.
5. Microsoft Office 2019 Update
How recent was Office? Outlook search difficulties may be fixed by updating Office.
If there are no about buttons or update options for your browser, you can think of these:
- Doing you hold a volume license issued by your company or similar organization?
- Do you have any changes in your Group Policy?
- Are you and your coworkers using a Policy Group in order to stop manual updates?
- Are there pirated copies of Office?
Microsoft Office users can manually upgrade their Office via the OfficeUpdates web page .
6. Repair Outlook Personal Filter File (.PST).
A second option is the Inbox Recovery program, which can fix Outlook personal director files (.PST). Outlook search may have problems if your Outlook personal file is corrupt.
First locate the repair utility. Now, you’re looking for scanningt.exe someplace in the following:
- 32bit Office 2016 & Newer
- 64bit Office 2016 & Newer
- 64 Bit Outlook 2016 and neuer
- Office 365 (2016 package): C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\office16\
- 32 Bit Office 2013: Program filesMicrosoft OfficeOffice15
- 64-bit Office 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\
- 64 Bit Outlook 2013: Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice15
- Office 365 (2013 package): C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\office15\
It is possible for the file to be lost if you don’t have a POP3 email account.
The exact location of your PST files must be known. Outlook 2013, 2019, and users using newer versions should search their directory file at
It is possible to see your OST file at the following location.
Did you find all of it? Congratulations! Click Open to select the account. Click Next to resolve your Outlook search problems.
7. View the Outlook Indexing Group Policy Settings
This is not an option that is easy to find. Home users are not allowed to access this feature.
Search for in the Start Menu Search Bar. Type (or gpedit ) to search for the best match.
Navigate now, to Administration Templates>Search.
Outlook search problem won’t occur if the policy status has been set to , but is not configured .
8. Reinstall Outlook
Microsoft Outlook also can be uninstalled then reinstalled.
Outlook Search Continues…
These seven remedies will fix any Outlook searching failure. Use this list to guide you.
Rebuilding Outlook searches is always a good idea. Outlook personal data can be restored if the Outlook search index stops working.