Are you searching for the most recent Microsoft USB drivers? This article will help you get the latest Microsoft USB drivers for Windows 10, 8, 7, and 8. Continue reading to learn more.
USB (Universal Serial Bus devices) refers to peripherals such as keyboards, mice, and game controllers that can be connected to a computer via a USB port. It is important to ensure that your Windows system has the most recent version of Microsoft’s USB drivers to avoid device conflicts and to ensure that USB devices work flawlessly. This step-by-step guide will help you download the latest USB driver for Windows 10 Microsoft and install it quickly.
The Most Recommend Method to Download Microsoft USB Controller Driver
Bit Driver Updater software can automatically install the latest driver software, saving you from tedious steps. This utility allows you to download and install Microsoft USB drivers in one click. It also speeds up your Windows PC and makes it run smoother. It is also free to download
How to download Microsoft USB Driver Updates completely free for Windows
Below is a list of the easiest ways to download Microsoft USB driver Windows 10. There are many ways to download Microsoft USB driver update Windows 10. You don’t need to use all of them. Just choose the one you like best.
Method 1: Microsoft USB Controller Driver Download via Device Manager
Device Manager is a Windows application that allows users to view and manage all of their peripherals. It can also be used to update your Windows PC with the latest Microsoft USB drivers. These are the steps you need to follow in order to do the same.
- To invoke the RUN command, press the Win+R key simultaneously.
- To launch Device Manager, type devmgmt.msc’ into the dialog box. Click on the OK button.
- After the Device Manager window has opened, click on the Universal serial bus controllers category to view the names of all USB devices that are connected to your computer.
- Next, click (or hold the device) and select the “Update Driver” option from context menu.
- Select the option that says “Search automatically for updated driversoftware” on the next screen.
- Wait patiently for Windows to find and install the most recent Microsoft USB driver.
- Once the driver installation is complete, restart your computer.
Also read: Unknown USB Device (Descriptor Request Failed).
Method 2: Microsoft USB Controller Driver Download via Windows Update
Another built-in Windows service is available that can help you obtain the most recent Microsoft USB driver updates absolutely free. Windows Update is a Microsoft service that provides you with the most recent security patches and software updates. This is how you can use it to update the USB Windows 10 driver.
- In the lower left corner of the screen, click on the Start Menu button.
- To launch the Settings app, click the gear icon in the Start Menu.
- When the Windows Settings screen appears, locate the “Update & Security” option and click on it.
- Next, select the “Check for Updates” option in the right-side panel.
- Windows will search the internet for updates and present you with a complete list. Select the one that you want to install (e.g. Microsoft USB driver) and click on it.
Method 3: Microsoft USB Drivers Download via Microsoft Update Catalog Site
To download and install the most recent USB driver update Windows 10, you can also go directly to the Microsoft Update Catalog website. This website offers firmware updates for a variety of computer peripherals.
Follow these steps to update USB drivers for your PC via the Microsoft Catalog Site:
- First, visit the official Microsoft Update catalog website.
- Type Microsoft USB driver into the search bar. Next, tap the Search or the Enter buttons.
- You can click the download button to get the Microsoft driver for Surface USB xHCI host controller or any other update you wish to install.
- Double-click the file to download it. Follow the instructions on screen to install the Microsoft USB driver pack.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your computer to make the changes effective.
Method 4: Use Bit Driver Updater to Download, Install and Update Microsoft USB Driver Updates Completely Free
This is the best method to download and install the USB drivers for Windows 10. These manual methods are cumbersome, time-consuming and require strong technical skills.
This method is also quick and easy to use, so even non-techies can get the latest Microsoft USB driver updates Windows 10. To obtain the latest drivers for your devices, you only need to download and install Bit Driver Upgrader on your computer. These are just a few of the many notable features that make this tool the best choice among other driver update and repair software.
- User-friendly interface that is elegant and intuitive
- All drivers can be updated in one click
- Versions of WHQL-certified drivers
- Rapid and precise driver scans
- Driver backup and restore
Once you have successfully installed the program, you can follow the steps below to learn how to use it to download Microsoft USB driver for Windows 10.
- Start Bit Driver Upgrader app on Windows.
- To let the scanner scan all drivers that are out of date, broken, or missing from your system, click on the “Scan Drivers” button.
- Once the scan is completed, choose your Microsoft USB driver then click the “Update Now” button next to it. To update all of your device drivers, click on the “Update All” button.