Sometimes you just want to watch TV but can’t find the remote. This is especially true for the Fire TV remote. It’s small and easily lost. If you’ve lost your Fire TV Stick remote, don’t worry. There are many temporary ways to navigate your TV. We have a variety of methods to control the Fire TV Stick with no remote. Let’s now look at all the options for managing Fire TV Stick without a remote or WiFi.
Have you lost your Fire TV remote? Here are the solutions
There are many solutions. We have solutions for you if your Fire TV remote has been lost or you don’t have Wi-Fi at home. All the answers are available in the menu.
You can control Fire TV Stick from your phone
- There is no need to panic if you lose your Fire TV remote. Your smartphone can be used to navigate your Fire TV and play content. You will need to download the Amazon Fire TV App ( Android/ iOS — free) and log in to your Amazon account.
- Sign in and your smartphone will detect the TV automatically. Click on it. Remember, this method requires that both your Fire TV (and smartphone) are connected to the same WiFi network.
- You will now be asked to enter the 4-digit Fire TV screen code. You can now proceed.
- You will also find a UI that is very similar to the Fire TV remote. You can access Settings, navigate using the navigation keys and summon Alexa. It was easy enough, wasn’t it?
You can use the Amazon Fire TV app without WiFi
You can manually create a WiFi hotspot if you don’t have WiFi but still want to use Fire TV for remote navigation. You will need to have two smartphones, one to create a WiFi hotspot, and another for the Fire TV app.
- Open Settings on your smartphone. Next, create a WiFi hotspot. Move to WiFi and Network-> Hotspot & Tethering-> WiFi Hotspot. Rename the hotspot to be the exact WiFi network to which your Fire TV was connected previously.
- Change the password to match the network’s previous one. This is to ensure that Fire TV automatically connects to the WiFi hotspot.
- After you have set up the WiFi hotspot, switch it on and restart the TV. Your TV should now automatically connect to the hotspot you have created.
- Connect another smartphone to the WiFi hotspot. Install the Amazon Fire TV App ( Android/ iOS — free) and log in to Amazon. It will now scan your Fire TV and display the app.
- Tap on the button, then enter the code on your TV. Navigate and perform any operation just like your Fire TV remote.
Use Alexa Remotely Navigate FireTV Stick
- You can play content on your Fire TV if you have an Alexa-powered speaker in your home. Simply say Alexa and tell it to play X on your Fire TV. Our linked article contains Alexa commands.
- Remember that this will only work if both your Fire TV AND Alexa speakers are on the same WiFi network.
You can control Fire TV Stick using your TV remote
This is a common fact that not many people know, but your TV remote can be used to control Fire TV Stick. You heard it correctly. Today’s TVs come with the HDMI CEC feature which allows multiple HDMI-connected devices to communicate with one another. The instructions for the Fire TV will be passed to your TV by pressing a button on the remote.
The TV remote can be used to navigate and use many Fire TV menus. Although it does not support all shortcuts or button combinations (for instance, casting), can still do the basic functions in the event that you lose your Fire TV remote.
Fire TV Stick Controlling with Keyboard and Mouse
You can connect your keyboard and mouse to the FireTV if none of these methods work for you. It works perfectly and can be connected to both a wired and wireless keyboard or mouse. Amazon might sell you a micro USB splitter ( $6), as the Fire TV Sticks only have one micro USB port.
Use an Old Fire TV Stick Remote
You might still have an older Fire TV Stick remote if you’ve used it in the past. You can pair any Fire TV Stick remote to your stick, even if the model is older.
The method of pairing your Fire TV Stick remote with it will vary depending on its generation. On the official Amazon support page ( ,), you can find detailed instructions on how to pair your Fire TV Stick remote and Fire TV stick.
Purchase a new remote
You have one option if your Fire TV remote is lost or not working. The 1st-gen Alexa Voice Remote can be purchased from Amazon ( $27.99). It is compatible with all Fire TV devices, starting at 1st-gen up to 3rd-gen. Grab this remote now. If you’re looking for a less expensive Fire Stick replacement remote, then check out our linked article. You will find many options.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Install the Amazon Fire TV App on your smartphone to navigate Fire Stick from there. Follow the instructions to setup Fire Stick and the app.
Q. Can I use my Fire Stick without a Remote?
Fire Stick can be used without a remote. To learn more, you can refer to our guide.
You will need WiFi to use Amazon Fire TV. You can use another smartphone to create a hotspot and share your WiFi network. For more information, see our second method.
Q. Can I Replace My Fire TV Remote?
There are many Fire TV remotes that can be used as replacements. You can find remotes for Amazon and third-party brands in our last section.
To enable navigation access to your Fire Stick, first set up Amazon Fire TV App. Next, go to Settings – Remotes/Bluetooth Devices – Amazon Fire TV Remotes. Hold the “Home” button on the remote for 10 seconds. The Fire Stick will now be paired.
Learn how to control a firestick without a remote
These are just a few of the many ways that you can control and manage your Fire TV Stick from anywhere without a remote. The Amazon Fire TV App would suffice for most users. However, you will need to have a WiFi network in order to seamlessly navigate. That’s all we have to say. Please comment below if you have any questions. We’ll be glad to assist you. We will be glad to assist you.