Streaming services are an option for those who want to reduce their cable bill. Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube TV offer live TV subscriptions that can be used to replace the traditional cable. Here’s everything you need about Hulu live TV.
You can find out more about Hulu Live TV Channels in our article.
How to Get Hulu Live
Hulu Live requires a compatible device, the most recent version of the Hulu App, and stable internet access. A US-issued debit card or credit card, as well as other digital payment options such as PayPal, Venmo, or Hulu gift certificates, are required. Subscribers to live TV must also set up their Home network within the first 30 days of signing up.
Requirements for the System
Hulu Live can be used with selected Android and iOS devices including Apple TV and Android TV. You can also use any streaming device, including Fire TV and Chromecast. Hulu Live works with select smart TVs such as LG, Samsung, LG and Vizio. Hulu Live TV can be viewed on your Mac, PC, or with any modern Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo gaming console. Hulu’s help center has a complete list of compatible devices.
Hulu recommends that you have a minimum of 3Mbps internet speed to stream most of their content. For 4K content, speeds should be at least 8Mbps.
How to sign up for a Hulu account
- Visit hulu.com/live TV using your browser. If you want a Live-TV-only plan, go to signup.hulu.com/go/live-only.
- Click the Start Your Free Trial. Click on the Select button to sign up for Live-TV-only.
- Complete the information on the Create Your Account page.
- Enter your payment information.
- Click Submit.
You can receive Hulu + TV, Hulu (No ads), or Hulu + TV if you are an existing Hulu subscriber. Follow these steps:
- Go to hulu.com/welcome.
- Click Log In. This is located in the upper-right corner.
- Enter your login credentials. Choose from either your Facebook username and password or your Hulu username.
- Click on Settings to open it. It is the button in the upper-right corner with your initials.
- Register a Click Account.
- Scroll to the bottom of your subscription panel and click Manage Plan. This will display your current plan as well as any plans that you can change to.
- Toggling for Hulu + Live TV Plan: Turn on
- To confirm, click on Review Changes.
Set up your Home Network
You must set up your Hulu Live TV Home network. This will allow you to watch local and regional channels. You will need a non-mobile residential internet connection to set up your home network.
Log in to your Hulu account online or from a supported device to set up your home network. Click Set or Change Home in the Privacy and Settings section.
How to Watch Live TV On Hulu
You can watch live TV on Hulu by selecting the Live TV icon from the Hulu home screen. The Live Guide allows you to search for current and upcoming TV shows as well as to select the channel you wish to view.
How to watch live TV on Hulu Online and through the Hulu App
- Launch Hulu App.
- Click Live TV on the Home screen. It will be located in the upper-left corner of the screen. This will display the live stream for the channel that you have just watched.
- Next, click on the three-line icon at the lower-left corner in the player bar while you are watching Hulu.com. For mobile apps, tap the exit icon on the top-right corner of the player bar. Or turn your device vertically while you playback.
- Choose the channel you wish to view
- Hulu will then load the Live TV channel that you have chosen.
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu with Apple TV or Roku Device
- Open the Hulu app on your smart TV.
- Go to the Live TV icon at top of the screen. Click on the Up button and then the Right Arrow button. After that, click on the Down button. To access the Live TV Guide for Apple TV, swipe up during playback.
- Hulu will load the Live TV Guide. You will find a menu on the left-hand side that lists All, Recent, My Channels, and Sports, as well as News, Movies, and Kids.
Note: All, Recent, My Channels, and My Channels are alphabetically arranged alphabetically using tiles. Based on the time slot, Sports, News, and Movies will be displayed in thumbnails.
- Click on the channel you wish to view, and then click OK with your remote control.
- Hulu will load your Live TV channel.