Do you know how WhatsApp works on your Apple Watch Are you constantly connected to WhatsApp to fulfill personal obligations or run your business? There are many reasons to be on WhatsApp all the time. Even if we use our phones 24/7, it is easy to forget important calls and miss important conversations.
Smartwatches became more popular after they were introduced to the market. They are much more convenient than smartphones and offer greater convenience.
Apple Watch Series 5 launched in September. Apple Watch customers have been curious ever since to find out if they can use WhatsApp on their Apple Smartwatches.
Here are some suggestions for accessing WhatsApp from your Apple Watch
These are the two best ways to set WhatsApp up on your Apple Watch if you’ve recently purchased the Apple Watch Series 5
Method 1: Setting Up WhatsApp on the Apple Watch through Your iPhone
This is a very simple way to use WhatsApp Messenger on your Apple Watch using your iPhone.
This method won’t let you miss your calls and chats, but it is very limited in its application. The reason is that the interface on your smartwatch is too small to fully support WhatsApp. There are also restrictions imposed by Apple policies. It can only be used in a simple format, with no additional features such as receiving messages, responding, or deleting them.
You must have the WhatsApp Messenger app installed on your iPhone. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Go to the iPhone Settings.
- Next, open WhatsApp Messenger in the Notifications section.
- You will need to enable the “Allow Notifications and Show in Notification Centre” option.
- After this, open the Watch app on iPhone.
- This section lists all Apple Watch-supported apps.
- You can find the WhatsApp Messenger app by clicking here.
- This will allow your Apple smart watch to receive all notifications from WhatsApp.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Application
What’s the indirect way to message on WhatsApp using your Apple Smartwatch Install third-party apps that support WhatsApp on the smartwatch. Before we get into the details of installing third-party apps, we will briefly go over the basics of a few of them.
However, there is merit and detriment to such applications.
- Your Apple Watch can be used to send and receive WhatsApp messages.
- This is a third-party app. Some users may have concerns about data privacy.
List of Third-Party Apps to Use WhatsApp on Your Apple Watch
These are some of the most popular third-party applications that you can get from the App store:
1. Chatify for WhatsApp
It is one of the most useful programs to access WhatsApp on your Apple Watch. You can communicate with your WhatsApp contacts real-time.
- This app allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages with your Apple Watch.
- It also allows you to see the profile photos of your WhatsApp friends.
- You can also view WhatsApp chat images, and hear voice messages.
- It supports WhatsApp Emojis, Stickers and more
2. WatchChat 2
Another amazing app that allows you to send a message via WhatsApp directly from your Apple Watch is this one. This app works with all Apple watches models.
- Allows you to chat with WhatsApp.
- You can view chat images and hear audio messages.
- Chats can be archived
- To quickly type in English, you can use FlickType or QWERTY keyboard layouts.
3. IM+ Watch
Another notable app in the third party apps category for WhatsApp messaging via an Apple Watch is this one. This app, which costs $2.99, is still worth a look. It offers one-stop access to the most popular social media apps.
- Supports viewing and receiving WhatsApp chats.
- Supports the display of chat photos
4. WristApp for WhatsApp
WristApp is another app that connects Apple Watch to WhatsApp. This app allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages and notifications directly from your Apple smartwatch.
- It is quick, easy, and simple to set up.
- You can view the most recent chat messages and name of the sender.
- Emoji, Voice, Group, DMs, & Photo Messages Support
- Quick replies can be sent to friends via a QWERTY keyboard or FlickType keyboard.
Let us now look at the steps to set up WhatsApp with a third-party app on your Apple Watch.
Install third-party apps to get WhatsApp on your Apple Smartwatch
To ensure you can follow these steps, it is important that your Apple smart watch device has been configured with your iPhone.
- The App Store allows you to download the third-party app that interests you.
- Next, open the same application on your smartwatch.
- The smartwatch screen will display a QR code that you can scan using your WhatsApp Messenger app.
- You will need to open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone to scan the QR code.
- With the help of your camera, WhatsApp can scan the QR code displayed by the third party application on the Apple Watch screen.