The speed dial feature on the iPhone is called “Favorites” This list is located within the “Phone” menu. Instead of assigning phone numbers to numbers on the keypad this will be used. This list will display the names of your contacts. It takes the hassle out of remembering which phone numbers go to which buttons. Once you are comfortable with the interface, you can easily contact VIP customers or business associates without scrolling through your entire contact database.
Make a Favorite
- Tap the “Phone” icon on your iPhone’s screen, then tap on the “Contacts” icon on the Phone screen. Navigate to your “Recents”, or “Voicemail”, lists to see if the contact you wish to add is there.
- Find the contact that you wish to add to your Favorites and tap their name in Contacts. Or tap the blue arrow beside the contact’s name on Recents or Voicemail.
- Click the “Add To Favorites” button. Before adding multiple numbers to a contact, make sure the highlighted one is highlighted.
- To return to the list, tap the “All Contacts”, and then repeat Steps 2 through 4 for each contact that you wish to add to your Favorites.
- To access the list you’ve created, tap “Phone” if you’re on the homepage and then click the “Favorites” icon. Simply tap the name of a favorite to call it.
Manage your Favorites
- To delete a Favorite, tap the “Edit” button and then tap the red circle next to the Favorite name. When you are done with all your favorites, tap the “Done”.
- You can rearrange your Favorites by clicking the “Edit” button and then drag the icon of the three horizontal lines beside the Favorite name to where it should be in the list. When you are done organizing your Favorites, tap the “Done!” button.
- Tap the blue arrow beside the contact’s name to access the “Info” page.