Smartphones are a necessity nowadays, so losing one is not an option. Samsung users have an easy way of finding their lost phones.
Samsung devices have a remote-recovery feature called Find My Mobile. This makes it possible to remotely locate and lock your phone, or even erase its contents. Let’s have a closer look at the process.
What is Samsung’s Find My Mobile Service (SMART)?
Samsung’s Find My Mobile service is free and allows you to find, back up or erase data from a registered Samsung Galaxy phone. You can access it via the internet using a Samsung account.
The service offers a range of security features that will allow you to unlock the full potential of your device. Remote management of your device will allow you to find it and retrieve it as quickly as possible. To make the feature work, however, you must have an Internet connection.
How do I activate Find My Mobile
You will first need to activate Find My Mobile to locate and track your Galaxy. After activating the Find My Mobile service, you will be able to use it at any time. You can lock and erase your device as well. This is how it works.
- Navigate to Settings > Security on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Use the toggle button to switch between Find My Mobile option. Sign in with your Samsung account to proceed. You will be asked to sign in with your Samsung account.
- You will need to create a Samsung account if you don’t already have one. Navigate to Settings >Accounts and Backup > Manage accounts to create a Samsung account.
- Other settings can be toggled as well, including Remote unlock and Offline searching. Send last place is also available. Android version 10 and above devices can use the Offline finding feature. It works with Galaxy smartwatches, earbuds, and other Android devices.
- After you have registered your device, you can find it online at any time via the Samsung Find my Mobile website.
How to track your Samsung Galaxy device
Find My Mobile allows you to track your phone’s movements. After creating an account, you will be able to locate your phone on a map. You can also use features like Track Location and Ring to protect against theft.
The Find My Mobile app allows you to locate your phone and updates it every 15 minutes. This is how to activate the location tracking feature.
- Any web browser, whether it’s a laptop or another phone, can be used to access the information. Visit the Samsung Find My Mobile site.
- Enter your credentials for your Samsung Account (which is the account you used on your lost Galaxy phone) and then tap Sign In. To confirm your agreement to the terms and to grant location permissions, tap Accept.
- After you log in, the website opens up as a homepage. An interactive map showing the exact location of your device is available. To view more information about the location, tap on the Pin.
- To track the exact location of your device, you can use the Track location function in the menu. Every 15 minutes, the location is updated automatically. You can switch between satellite and street view maps.
Ring Your Phone
You can set your phone to ring remotely if you aren’t able to locate it. These steps will activate the feature.
- Visit the Find My Mobile website from any web browser and log in using your Samsung account credentials.
- In the remote-management menu, tap Ring.
- A confirmation screen will appear. Tap Start.
- Your device will then ring for one-minute at maximum volume, even if it is set on vibrating or silent modes.
How to secure your Galaxy device remotely
Find My Mobile, which has the ability to track your device, is one of most effective ways for Samsung devices to be secured. Let’s look at some of these settings.
Lock your device
In the event that your phone is lost or stolen, locking it is a great way to protect your phone from unauthorized access. You can lock your phone remotely, disable biometrics and block sensitive apps such as Samsung Pay. An emergency number is displayed on the lock screen. This allows people to reach you in case the phone is stolen or lost.
- Go to the Find My Mobile website, select Menu > Lock.
- After the confirmation screen appears, click Next and you can continue.
- Tap Lock to create a temporary 4-digit pin. You can also input emergency contact details or a customized message.
- Once the service is complete, a message will be displayed containing emergency contact information and a message on the screen of your lost device.
You can erase your data
You may not want anyone to see your information if you have lost your phone. It is highly recommended to erase all data and remove sensitive information from your phone. You can remotely restore your phone’s factory settings using the Erase data feature. This is how you enable it:
- Go to the Find My Mobile website. Select Menu > Delete data.
- To proceed with the deletion, a security code verification will prompt. Enter the correct security code to proceed. Tap Verify.
- After you agree to erase all data, a confirmation screen will be displayed. Select Erase.
- This function will permanently erase all user data once it is completed. Learn how to backup your data.
How to remotely manage your device
You can do many things remotely with the Samsung Find My Mobile feature. To extend the battery life, you can view your call log and send text messages to see what’s been happening. Let’s look at some of these features in detail:
Access calls and Messages
Samsung Galaxy phones allow you to remotely retrieve call logs or messages using the Find My Mobile App. Here’s how it works.
- To access the text messages and calls list, open your browser and visit the Find My Mobile website.
- Select Retrieve from the confirmation screen. You have access to up to 50 most recent calls and text messages.
Activate the Power-Saving Mode
You can use Find My Mobile to activate power-saving mode, which will prevent unnecessary apps from draining your battery. This is how it works:
- Go to the Find My Mobile website from your phone and select Extend battery life > Extend. This will turn on the maximum power saving mode.
- Your device data won’t be backed-up to the Samsung Cloud app while the power-saving mode activates.
Backup Your Device
You can backup your data remotely to Samsung Cloud if you lose your device. Follow these steps to do this:
- Navigate to Find My Mobile and choose Backup from their menu.
- Select the data you want to back up using the Samsung Cloud app. Once done, select Back up.
- Tap I agree in the pop-up box to grant the permissions required. To begin the process, click on the Backup button.
It can be frustrating to lose your phone. These steps will help you avoid panicking if your phone has been lost.
You can use Find My Mobile to give access to a person to remotely manage your device. Your guardian has access to information like your device’s location, battery level and other important information in the event of an emergency. Here are the steps to activate Guardian mode.
- Go to Find my Mobile > Menu > Set Guardians.
- Check the terms on the confirmation page and then tap Accept.
- Tap + Create a new guardian, and then enter their Samsung account ID. To confirm account information, tap Verify.
- You can choose to set the guardian access frequency as Always, or Personal. You must enter the start and ending dates if you have chosen a custom period.
Keep Control of Your Device
Samsung’s Find My Mobile can help you protect your devices and keep all your data secure. This versatile tool allows you to choose how to protect your devices and what level of security you want.
It is extremely easy to use, making it ideal for those who have difficulty using more complex technology. The Samsung Find My Mobile tool is simple but has a lot of functionality.