Your Amazon Firestick may be acting strangely if you have too many apps installed. Learn how to uninstall apps from your Firestick and free up storage.
How do I uninstall apps from Firestick?
Click Settings > Apps > Manage installed applications. Next, click Uninstall to close the warning screen.
- Open your Firestick and select Settings from the top menu. To go to Settings click on the right button (the left-hand side of the large circle on the remote).
- Scroll down, and click Apps. To access the remote you must click the down button located at the bottom left corner of the large circle. Settings options.
- Next, click Manage applications. There is also a storage space check.
- Select an app to be removed from your Firestick.
- Scroll down, and click Uninstall. You will receive a prompt to inform you that the app is being deleted. Your data will also be lost.
- Click Uninstall.
Now you know how to delete apps from your Firestick. To free up more space, learn how to clear your Firestick’s cache.
The cache includes saved data that speeds up an application but can take up too much space. Clearing an app’s cache on Fire TV
Clearing the Cache on Firestick
- Go To Settings.
- Select Applications
- Next, select Manage Installed Applications.
- Next, choose an app.
- Scroll down, and click Clear Cache. This will only take a few seconds.
Get more out of your Fire TV with our guide. Find out how to control it with Alexa.