Connecting to the internet is essential to get the best out of your LG smart television. Although it might seem complicated, setting up a new WiFi connection for your TV is usually quite simple.
How do you turn WiFi on your LG TV?
These steps will enable you to turn on WiFi on your LG TV.
- To access the Settings option, press the Home button on the remote.
- Select Network, followed by Wi-Fi Connection.
- Select your wireless network, and enter your password.
- Connect your LG TV to the internet.
Connecting LG TV to WiFi is impossible
Here are two common solutions to connection issues when your LG TV is not turning on WiFi.
- Unplug the LG TV and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- You can perform a factory reset by selecting All settings > Reset to original.
These are just a few of the options available if you still have trouble connecting your LG TV with WiFi.
Change the location of your TV
Connectivity issues are common with LG TVs, regardless of why they’re set to “Set Automatically”.
The TV’s software seems to have trouble determining the location and the WiFi connection doesn’t work.
This can be fixed by manually updating the TV’s location. You can change the location by selecting all settings > Location LG Country.
The key is to choose a random country from the list, not your country. The TV will automatically reset. Go back and choose your country again.
After the TV has reset, you can open the location again and select Set Automatically.
After you log in, you will be asked to set up your WiFi connection.
” WiFi is off” message
An older LG model may have a manufacturer’s fault when it comes to connecting WiFi. Sometimes, a crimped HDMI cable can cause this problem.
The message “WiFi is off” appears. It is possible to turn it on and see the additional networks that you can connect to, as well as related items.
These steps will help you if you receive this message.
- Place the TV on a flat surface.
- Take out the back of your TV.
- The flat silver cables that run from the WiFi module’s bottom should be checked. If the cables are bent or folded, you can straighten them and pull them out of your WiFi module.
- Replace the TV’s back and reconnect the WiFi.
WiFi connection dropped in and out
These tips can help if your LG TV loses its WiFi connection.
- Place your wireless router closer than your TV.
- An ethernet cable is a better option for a stable connection.
- Take out any objects that might interfere with the signal (e.g., baby monitors, microwaves, and cordless phones).
- You should check whether the TV has any USB hard drives. These can sometimes interfere with your viewing experience.
If you still have problems, you can contact your internet provider to confirm that the problem is not theirs.
Although not all TVs have the QuickStart feature, it can cause connectivity problems in the past. If your TV does, turn it off.
- Select All settings from the Settings menu.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to the QuickStart button and turn it off.
- Turn off your TV and unplug.
- For 30 seconds, press the power button on your TV.
- Turn the TV on and plug it back in. Reconnect to the WiFi network.
Your network is not listed in the list
You should try the following to see if your WiFi network is not showing up on the list:
- Make sure the router is on.
- You should ensure that the router is located near the TV, with minimal obstacles such as walls between.
- After unplugging the router and TV, wait for 30 seconds before plugging them back in.
I joined the network but I don’t have internet access
If you’re unable to connect to the network and get an error message that says there’s no internet connection, then check other devices, such as your mobile phone to make sure they are connected.
If your TV still displays the error message but they work fine, please contact your internet provider.
Sometimes, out-of-date software can cause WiFi connectivity problems.
This could indicate that your TV needs a software upgrade. Although you can check your settings menu for updates, you will need to connect to the WiFi in order to download them.
An ethernet cable can be used to connect your TV and the WiFi. Then, you can download any updates. The WiFi should now be accessible.
Choose the Settings menu from your remote. Select All settings and then General. Next, select About this TV and then check for updates.
An incorrect password prevented you from joining
Double-check your password inputs if you’ve already found your network but received an error message.
Passwords must be typed in the correct case. To see what you are typing, you can also select the show password option.
If your password is not connecting after you’ve entered it correctly, contact your internet provider to request a new password.
Alternatives for connecting WiFi to your LG TV
You don’t need to connect your TV to your WiFi.
You can opt to not connect your TV to the internet if you have concerns about internet security. However, you will still get some of the smart features.
There are many options available if you don’t want the hassle of setting up wireless connections on your LG TV, but still want to use the apps.
An ethernet cable can be used to connect to your TV via your router if you prefer a wired connection.
This will ensure that you have internet access at all times, as long as your router is turned on. The connection will also be more stable.
You might consider buying a Firestick, Chromecast or similar portable streaming device if you don’t need to turn on the WiFi at your LG TV but still want access to streaming apps.
You can connect your gaming consoles like the PS4, PS5, and XBOX Series X to your TV to stream digital content via apps such as Netflix, Prime, Disney+, and more.
It is simple to turn WiFi on LG TV. Simply click the Home button and then go into All Settings > Network > WLAN Connection. Select your network and enter your password.
There are many troubleshooting steps that you can take if this doesn’t work.
- You can soft reset your TV by unplugging the cable from the wall.
- Factory reset your TV
- Move your TV’s position
- Check that the WiFi cables in your TV don’t get twisted
- Make sure your modem/router has a strong signal
- Quick Start is disabled
- Software Update for your TV
- Verify that your WiFi password has been entered correctly
There are many ways to connect to the internet if your TV doesn’t work with WiFi. You can connect with your TV using an Ethernet cable, a streaming device, or via your gaming console.
Did you manage to connect your LG TV with WiFi? Comment below to let me know what worked!