To turn your Fire TV Stick off completely, unplug it from the power source. You can simply put it to sleep at any time.
How to turn your Fire TV Stick off using your Remote
Use your remote to turn off your Fire TV Stick. Choose Sleep from the options.
- Hold down the Fire TV remote’s home button for three seconds. The Home button will darken your screen and open a popup menu.
. To navigate the menu with the moon logo, press the right directional button. To choose the highlighted option, press and hold the button in the middle of the remote’s ring.
The Fire TV Stick will automatically enter sleep mode. You will need to turn your TV off manually using a remote or with a remote.
You can turn the Fire TV Stick on or off by pressing any button on your remote.
How do you turn off your Fire TV Stick using your Home Screen
To turn off the Fire TV Stick, first press the Home button. Next, press and hold the up button to open the top menu. Scroll to the right to choose Settings. Scroll down for sleep.
- Navigate the Home Screen.
- Next, navigate to Settings. You can find it in the upper-right corner of your Home Screen.
- Next, select My Fire TV. After you’ve made your choice, Settings Next, press down on the remote. Next, click the right button for highlight My Fire TV . To highlight the option you want, press the button in the middle of the remote.
Note: This could be Device on older Fire TV models.
- Scroll down and select Sleep to turn off your Fire TV Stick. It may not turn on your TV depending on how it is set up.
How to disable your Fire TV Stick with your smartphone
Download the Fire TV App and turn off your Fire TV Stick. Next click on the gear icon in the upper-left corner.
- Download the Amazon Fire TV App. Fire TV App is available for download Apple App Store Order the Google Play Store .
If you are new to the Fire TV app, you will need to set it up. Enter the four-digit code that appears on your screen.
You will need to use the exact same WiFi network as your smartphone for your Fire TV Stick. The SSID should be your WiFi network.
- Next tap the gear icon. This icon is located in the upper left corner.
- Select Turn off Fire TV Stick.
Your remote may be having problems. This step-by-step guide will show you how to pair and reset your Fire TV remote.