You may initially think that turning off your PS5 is easy. Although it doesn’t sound difficult, the process can sometimes be complicated, especially for new PS5 owners. The process for the PS5 is different, even if you have used PS3 or PS4 before.
This article will show you how to safely turn off your PS5 without or with the DualSense controller. We’ll also show you how to disable your DualSense controller so that you don’t lose battery power when downloading a new title.
How to turn off the PS5 with Controller
It is easy to turn off the PS5 with the DualSense controller. Users who are first using the PS5 for the first time will need to adjust to the new UI, which may not make sense at times. It may seem difficult at first but it becomes much easier once you make your second attempt.
Be aware that PS5s have two states, “off” and “on”. Your PS5 can be turned off completely or you can put it into the rest mode. All activity will be stopped by turning off the console. The rest mode, on the other hand, can still allow the PS5 to download patches, install game, or charge any connected controllers. The PS5 will continue drawing power.
Here’s how you can turn off PS5 from your comfy seat.
Use the Control Center Menu
- Press the PlayStation logo on your controller to open the PS5 control centre menu.
- The Powerbutton is pressed. There are three options: Enter Rest mode, Turn Off PS5 and Start PS5.
- To turn the device off, choose the second option.
The console will begin to turn off when you do this. However, it won’t happen immediately. The message “Preparing for turning off your PS5 …”” will appear. This is to remind you to not unplug the AC cord while the PS5 power indicator blinks.
Without a controller, how to turn off the PS5
You can turn off your PS5 by pressing the button directly on the console. Although this is the easiest way to shut down a PS5, it requires you to be able access the console from any place in your home.
- There will be two buttons located on the black bar at the center of the PS5 console. If you have the Digital PS5 Edition, only one button will appear. For the disk version, locate the Powerbutton on the left-hand side of the console. The Powerbutton is at the bottom if the console has been set vertically.
- Hold the Power button down until you hear two distinct beeps. After the first beep, release the button to put your console in rest mode. The PS5 will be completely shut down after two beeps.
- Your PS5 will display a message when it is about to shut down. This message is meant to remind you to not unplug your console from the AC power cord while it is still on.
How to turn off the PS5 Controller
It’s best to turn off the DualSense PS5 controller if you are downloading a game. This will save your battery life and 1,560mAh PS5 controller. The DualSense PS5 controller must be turned off differently than the other PS models.
There are many ways to turn off your pad. These are described below.
1. Through Control Center
- Press the PlayStation button on your PS5 DualSense pad between the analog sticks.
- Scroll down to the bottom row in the PS5 menu, and you will find the Accessoriesoption. It is the button with the battery meter icon and the gamepad.
- Hit X to see all accessories attached to your device. The Wireless Controller will be the name of your DualSense controller.
Hit X to it.
- To turn off the pad, select the Turn off option.
2. Automated Turn Off
If your DualSense pad is not being used for a certain period of time, you can set it to automatically shut down. Follow these steps:
- Open your PS5 settings. Look for the cog-shaped icon in the upper right-hand corner of your home screen.
- Select System. It will be found as you scroll through the submenu. It will be located in the second section of the list.
- Scroll down to Power Saving at the bottom of this list.
- The Set time until controllers turn off section can be set. After 10 or 30 minutes of inactivity, your controller can be turned off.
How to turn off the PS5 controller mic
DualSense controller for PS5 is one of the most innovative gaming accessories. This tiny device packs a lot of technology. One of them is a high quality mic that opens by default.
This can mean that your words may be picked up by other players, which could cause problems in multiplayer online games. It’s easy to disable the microphone on your controller.
1. Via the Controller
You can simply press the horizontal mutes button at the middle of your controller just below the PlayStation logo.
The button blinks orange when you muffle the microphone.
2. Via the Control Center
The Control Center is another way to mut the microphone on your PS5 controller.
- Press the PS button on your controller.
- In the Control Center, press the X button.
This will turn off the microphone on your PS5 controller. You can also disable the sound output and completely silence your PS5 controller.
- Keep the mutedbutton in your controller until it blinks orange.
If you have to take care other things, you can use this step for seamless muting both yourself and the game.
These steps will mute the DualSense controller microphone, so that you can focus on personal matters and not have to worry about your fellow players overhearing everything you say.
3. Via the Settings Menu
You can also navigate to the Settings menu to mut your mic. Here are the steps:
- To access the Settingsmenu, press the gear icon at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the sound section.
- From the soundmenu, press the microphone button. Here you can adjust the microphone settings and change the microphones used by your console. You can mute the DualSense controller microphone by setting the Input Device to Microphone on Controller.
- Go to Status of the Microphone When Logged In to change from On to Mute.
- The background noise from your environment or you will no longer be picked up by the PS5
Is it possible to turn off the PS5 from the app?
You will need to download the PlayStation App (available on Google Play or App Store), and then connect it to your PS5. Follow these steps:
- Enable remote play on your PS5. Navigate to Settings.
- Navigate to Remote play from the System section.
- To enable remote play , turn on the Enable button.
Remote Play can be started if your PS5 has been set to rest mode. To do this, go to Settings > Systems > Power Saving.
- Check the Rest mode Features to see the Stay connected to the Internet box and Enable turning on PS5 from the Network boxes.
These steps should be followed when you connect your PS5 to your smartphone:
- Set the PS5 to Rest mode.
- Start Remote Play on your smartphone and sign in to your PS5 account.
Next time you log into, you will only need to choose the device that you want to access Remote Play.
Remote controls can display the control center with the power option. You can adjust the mic settings, change the screen settings, download games and many other useful functions.
Please note: Make certain your PS5 is connected to the same Wi Fi network as your mobile device.
You can also connect your PS5 and your phone using the settings, console settings, Link Console for App menus on your PS5.
Is it safe to unplug the PS5 while it is still on?
It is not recommended to unplug your PS5 when the power is on. First, you may lose your game progress. You may also lose your game progress if you are downloading or updating. This is why you shouldn’t unplug your console as long as it’s on.
Rest mode means that your console is still powered on. It is safer to unplug your PS5 by turning it off completely.
It’s easy to turn off your PS5
You might find that the settings on the PS5 are different for you, whether you’re a new user or an expert PS3 and PS4 player. You can also turn off your PS5 using this method. You have several options to turn off your PS5: you can use the controller, the console or your mobile device. You can also turn off your DualSense controller to conserve battery life.
This article should answer all your questions about turning off your PS5.
Which do you prefer? The controller or the direct switch to shut down your PS5? What situations would you prefer to use the controller to turn off your PS5? Please share your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.