Unlike older models of iPhones, pressing the power button does not turn off the iPhone X, 11, or 12. It will save you battery by turning off your iPhone. You can also quickly restart your iPhone to make it work faster and more smoothly. This guide will walk you through how to turn off the iPhone X, 11, or 12 and force it to start up when it stops working.
How to turn off your iPhone X, 11, and 12 with Buttons
Hold the Side and one of the volume buttons simultaneously to turn off your iPhone X/11/12. Release the buttons when you see “slide-to-power off.” Finally, drag and hold the slider to the left to turn off your iPhone.
- Hold the Side button and Volume Up/Volume Down buttons simultaneously. On the left side, you can either press the Volume Up button or the Volume Down button.
- To turn it off, release both buttons when you see a slide. appear. This slider will be at the top right of your screen.
NOTE: If the Volume and Side buttons are not pressed long enough, your iPhone will take a screenshot instead.
- Tap and drag the slider at the top to the right to turn your iPhone X, 11, or 12 off.
If you have any problems with the side buttons, you can turn your iPhone off from the Settings app. Here’s how:
How to turn off your iPhone X, 11, and 12 via Settings
You can turn off your iPhone X or 11, 11, or 12 without having to use the buttons. Go to Settings >. Scroll down until Shutdown appears at the bottom. Click on it to turn off your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app for your iPhone. You can swipe down from your home screen to locate the app if you don’t see it. Next, type “settings” into the search bar at top of the screen and tap.
- Then select General. To find this option, scroll down just a bit.
- Scroll down and click Shut Down. This will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, drag the slider to the right to disable your iPhone X, 11, or 12.
How to turn your iPhone X or later on
You can turn on your iPhone X, 11, 12, or 12 by pressing and holding the Side key for 2 to 3 seconds. The Apple logo will then appear. Apple suggests waiting for 30 seconds before turning off an iPhone.
Force restarting your iPhone can be a good option if it doesn’t turn on and off frequently. Here’s how:
How to force restart your iPhone X or later
For iPhone X 11, 12, or 12 to force restart, press and release the Volume Up button. Next, press and release Volume Up. Next, hold down the Side button for between 5-15 seconds to see the Apple logo.
To force restart an iPhone that is off, you should hold the Side key for no more than five seconds. If the iPhone is on, however, you may need to hold the side button longer than 15 seconds.
If your iPhone is still having problems, you can follow our step-by-step instructions to restore factory settings.
If your iPhone has been damaged by water, you may have to replace it. To find the best iPhone for you, visit Amazon’s, iPhone Page.