You may be wondering how to transfer all your family photos from your iPhone to your computer. This guide will walk you through the steps to transfer photos from your iPhone to a computer.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Using a USB Cable
With a USB Cable, there are three options to import your photos onto a Windows PC. The Photos app, which comes preloaded on your computer, is the easiest way to import photos to Windows PCs. The Photos app allows you to transfer photos to Windows PCs.
How to Download iPhone Photos to a Computer Using the Windows Photos app
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer
- Open the Photos app. To access the Photos app, click on the Windows icon at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen. Scroll down until Photos appears in the list.
- Click on the “Import” button. Windows 10 users will find the import button in the upper-right corner of the app. Windows 8 users will see the Import option when they right-click on any photo in the Photos app.
- Next, select “Import from USB device” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the photos that you wish to import and click “import selected.” Click on the small checkmark at the upper right corner of each photo to select them individually.
- Now, you can locate the photos that you have imported to your Pictures folder. This folder can be found under the following path: C: UsersYOUR USERNAMEPictures.
You won’t be able to access the Photos app if you have Windows 7 installed on your PC. Instead, use the AutoPlay app to download your photos onto a Windows 7 computer.
How to Download iPhone Photos to a Computer Using Windows AutoPlay
- A USB cable can be used to connect your iPhone with your PC.
- The AutoPlay window should open automatically.
- Choose the fourth option: Import videos and photos – Photos
- Allow your photos to import while you wait.
- The imported photos will be found in your Pictures folder. This folder can be found under the file path C: UsersYOUR USERNAMEPictures
How to Import iPhone Photos to a PC using File Explorer
- Connect your iPhone with your computer using a USB cable. When prompted, enter a passcode to allow your iPhone to connect to your computer.
- Open File Explorer. Windows 8 and Windows 10 users can open File Explorer easily by pressing the Windows Key + E simultaneously.
- Click the “This PC” button in the sidebar. Select “Devices and Drives” to see your iPhone. Windows 7 users can open Windows Explorer. Your iPhone will be listed under “Computer.”
- Double-click on the icon that displays your iPhone’s name.
- Double-click on Internal Storage > DCIM.
- Locate the folders that include the photos you wish to import.
- Copy or drag the photos to where you want them to be kept. It might be a good idea if you want to organize your photos, to move them to your Pictures folder.
Not all photos can be deleted by File Explorer.
Are you lacking a USB cable? Click this link to learn how you can import your photos wirelessly using iCloud