Google Chrome allows you to access all of your bookmarks, passwords and other information from any device. You can sign in to any Google account from any device by enabling sync in the Chrome browser’s settings. All your settings and information will be available once you enable sync. This article will show you how to enable sync in Google Chrome. It also explains what it does and how to disable it.
What does Google Chrome Sync do?
Google Chrome’s sync function will save information about your bookmarks and extensions, themes, search history (open tabs), saved passwords, payment info. addresses, phone numbers, settings, preferences, etc. You can choose what data you want to sync and which you don’t.
How to turn on synchronization in Google Chrome from a computer
Open the Chrome browser, click on the Profile icon to turn on sync on Google Chrome for Windows 10 and Mac computers. Next, click on Turn on sync to sign in with your Google username. Click Yes, Done.
- Use the Chrome web browser.
- Next, click on the profile icon. This icon is located in the upper-right corner of your browser window. Chrome might display a different icon if someone is signed in.
- Next, click Switch on sync.
Notification: You can click the Add button in the pop-up window if another Chrome user is signed into Chrome. Next, enter a name and click Add. Next, click on the profile icon at the top-right corner and choose Turn on sync.
Notification: If you already have a Google account, click Turn on sync to skip to the final step.
- Click Next to enter your Google account name. This is typically your Gmail address. Click Next to create a Google Account. To sync your data to Chrome, you will need a Google Account.
- Enter your Google password, then click Next.
- Click Yes, I’m In.
Click the Settings link in the bottom-left corner to customize the data you wish to sync. Click Manage the data you want to sync.
Next, click the radio button next Customize Sync to deselect any data you don’t want to sync.
These settings can be accessed later by clicking on the three-dot icon at the top-right of the window, and selecting Settings.
All the sync settings will be found at the top of your browser under You or Google. You can then customize the data you want to sync with Chrome by clicking Synchronize and Google services > Manage what is synchronized.
These settings can be accessed quickly by entering chrome://settings into your address bar, and then hitting .
How to turn on Chrome Sync for an iPhone or Android Device
Open the Chrome app on your Android or iPhone and tap the three-dot icon. Select Settings to turn on sync. Next, tap Sync & Google Services > Sign In to Chrome. Log in with your Google Account. Tap Yes, Done.
- Open the Google Chrome App. You can also download the Google Chrome app from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- Next, tap the three dots icon. This icon will appear in the bottom-right corner on iPhones and iOS devices. It will be located in the top-right corner on Android devices.
- Next, choose Settings.
- Tap Sync to Google Services.
- Next tap Log in to Chrome
- Enter your Google account username, then tap Next. This is usually your Gmail email account.
Notification: If you already have a Google account, you can select your profile to skip the next step.
- Next, type your Google password and then tap Next.
- Then select Yes, I’m in. Chrome will ask you if you wish to merge your data with another account if you are already signed into that account. Select Keep my information separate if you wish to sync data from more than one account.
- Tap Done.
To customize the data that will be synced to your iPhone/Android device, tap Manage Synchro. Select the radio button next Sync All and select which options you wish to sync and which you don’t.
These settings can be accessed later by clicking the three-dot icon at the bottom-right corner.
How to disable synchronization in Google Chrome
Open Chrome, click on the three dots icon to disable sync. Next, go to Settings > Sync & Google Services. Click on Turn off if you are using Windows 10 or Mac computers. Tap the radio button next Sync your Google data on an iOS or Android device.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the three-dot symbol. This icon can be found in the top-right corner on a computer or Android phone. It is located in the bottom-right corner on an iPhone.
- Then select Settings.
- Next, choose Sync or Google Services.
- Select Last, turn off or . Sync your Chrome data.