Roku allows you to stream content from YouTube, Apple TV, Hulu, and more than 40,000 other channels.
How to set your Roku
Connect your Roku to the HDMI port on your TV. Enter your email address and follow the instructions to set up your Roku.
- Connect your Roku with the HDMI port on your TV. If you use a streaming device, an HDMI cord is necessary.
Note: You’ll need this information later.
- Plug your Roku device into a power supply. A power cable, micro USB cable, and a wall charger should be included with your player.
Note: Your Roku streaming device should be connected to your router’s Ethernet port.
- Turn on your TV and set it up to the Roku HDMI channel. This channel should correspond to the number next to the HDMI port you connected to your device earlier. You can change the HDMI channel by pressing the. Input, Video, Or Source To activate the button, you can also use your regular TV remote control. You will see the Roku setup screen and you will be able to tell that you have chosen the right channel.
Note: To pair your Roku device to the “point anywhere”, remote, you will need to open the battery compartment and press the pairing button
Note that if your Roku remote doesn’t connect, we have a guide for you.
- Next, select the language that you wish to use on the Roku setup screen. Then, press the OK key.
- Select Wired or wireless.
- Next, choose your WiFi network and then enter the password. Next, click Connect. Scroll down to view your WiFi network. To view all networks, scan.
If your Roku device has an Ethernet cable, you can skip this step.
- Enter your password for WiFi and click on Connect. Your remote can be used to enter your WiFi password one letter at a time.
- Select Auto-detect display type. Roku will show you information about your TV’s resolution and frame rate.
Check that all information is correct. Select Have You Changed Anything? to make the Roku device scan again.
Cancel your Roku if it does not recognize the correct resolution or refresh rate. Your HDMI cable could be the problem.
- Next, select Yes, the screen looks good. Choose the right option. I’ll choose another setting. You have two options: wait for the timer’s expiration or change your settings manually.
Note: If your Roku device contains volume buttons, you will need to verify that your remote settings are correct. Your TV’s volume is set at
- Then select Enter Your email address.
- Next, use your remote to enter your email address. Next, select Continue
- Once you’ve entered your email address, you will receive a link. This link will expire in 15 minutes, so make sure to check your email promptly.
Note: Double-check your address by pressing the star (*), and then choosing Edit email.
- Next, open your inbox and click on Roku to open your Roku email. Next, click on that link in the email. It will be under the Roku Device Activation Link text.
- Register for a Roku account, and then click Continue.
- Next, enter the name and location of your device. You can name your device however you wish. Keep track of the name and location you have created for your Roku Player. This information is necessary if you wish to use voice commands for controlling your Roku device.
Notification – Please check the box next .. I have read and accepted End-user License Agreement.
- Follow the screen instructions to set up your Roku.
Once you’ve set up your Roku device you can review our guide on how to add apps to Roku, so you can stream.