Zoom is one of the most used video chat apps. You can host a Zoom meeting from anywhere you’re not connected to the internet, such as an iPhone or Android. First, create a Zoom account. How to create a Zoom meeting from your smartphone, add contacts to your Zoom app and schedule a meeting.
How to create a Zoom account on the Mobile App
Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings App and tap Register to create a Zoom account. Next, enter your information and accept the terms. Next, click on the Zoom email to activate your account.
You can scroll down to the next section if you already have a Zoom Account to learn how to set up Zoom meetings in the app.
- Zoom Cloud Meetings App available for download This app is available on both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Open the app and click Sign Up to create your free account. This option will be located in the bottom-left corner.
- Enter your name, date of birth, and email address.
- Tap the circle to the right of I have read and agree to the Terms of Service.
- Next, click Sign up. This will appear in the upper-right corner. The message will appear in the top-right corner of your screen. It will inform you that an email confirmation has been sent.
- Next, tap OK.
- Open the Zoom email and check your inbox. Zoom will send you a message saying, “Please activate my Zoom account.”
- Next, tap activate Account . Zoom will redirect you to their website.
- Create a new password and enter your name.
- Next, click Continue. If you’d like, you can invite your colleagues. However, you also have the option of skipping this step.
After creating your Zoom account, the app will allow you to go back to the app and set up a meeting. Here’s how:
How to set up a meeting on your phone
Go to New meeting > Start a meeting > Participants > Invite. You can then send an email, a text message or other method to invite your contacts.
- Click Sign in to open the Zoom app. This will appear in the lower-right corner.
- Enter your password and email address, then tap Sign in
- Next, tap on the New Meeting icon. This is the orange background with the video camera icon.
- Next, tap Start a meeting. The video conference room will open.
- To allow Zoom access to your camera and microphone, tap OK. You can cancel if you don’t wish to turn on your microphone and video.
- Next, tap Participants. This icon is located at the bottom.
- Next tap Invite. This will appear in the lower-left corner. You will be presented with a pop-up menu that offers different ways to invite your guests.
- You can choose how to invite guests. You have the option to either send an email or a text message. Or, you can copy the invite link and invite your contacts through Zoom.
You can tap Send email to be taken to an email client and receive a pre-written note. Enter the email addresses of your contacts and click send. You can also modify the subject or body text of your email.
To send a text message, tap Send. Your messaging app will open automatically with a pre-written message. Enter the contact numbers and click send.
You can also send an invitation by clicking Copy Invite Link and pasting the link.
You can also tap Invite People to choose from a list in the Zoom app. First, you must add contacts to the Zoom mobile application. Here’s how:
How to add contacts in the Zoom Mobile App
Open the Zoom mobile app and sign in to add contacts. Next, tap the Contacts tab located at the bottom. Next, tap on the plus sign to select Add Contact. Next, tap the plus sign and select em>Add a Contact/em>.
- Sign in to the Zoom mobile app
- Next, tap Contacts. This will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Next tap the + sign. This will appear in the upper-right corner.
- Next, select Add Contact.
- Enter your email address and tap .
- Tap OK.
Each contact you add will be sent an email with a link. After they click the link, you will be asked for their approval to add your contact to your contacts.
Notification: To accept your invitation, the contacts to whom you have sent a request must sign in to Zoom within 30 days
After your contacts have accepted your invitation, you can add them to Participants > Invite Invite Contacts.
How to schedule a Zoom Meeting from Your Phone
Simply go to Schedule and enter your details to schedule a Zoom meeting. Next, select the calendar that you wish to use and click Done. Next, add people and tap Add to schedule the meeting.
- Sign in to the Zoom app.
- Next, tap the Schedule icon. This is the blue-colored calendar icon.
- Fill in the details of your meeting. You can enter a topic and add a start/end time. The meeting will then be set to repeat. Other options include requiring participants to enter a password or video and audio. You can also explore more settings by scrolling down to tap Advanced Options.
- Choose the calendar where you would like the meeting to take place. Outlook, Google or any other company calendar can be used.
- To schedule the meeting, tap Done. This will appear in the upper-right corner of your screen. Then, you will be taken to the calendar that you have chosen.
- Tap Invitees next to add your contacts. It might differ depending on how you plan your day. Zoom will be able to access your contacts. To add contacts to your phone, tap the plus sign.
- Review the details and then tap to add.