Zoom is one of the most popular platforms for video conferencing. You might have noticed that there was no registration required to join a Zoom meeting. To host a Zoom meeting, however, you must first create a Zoom account. This article will show you how to create a Zoom account, add contacts, and schedule a meeting in the future.
How to create a Zoom account
First, download the Zoom installer to create a Zoom account. Open the installer, and then select Sign in > Sign up free. Follow the instructions on screen to activate your account using the email Zoom has sent you.
- Install the Zoom app installer. Click the Download button in the Zoom Download Center under Zoom Client For Meetings.
- Next, open the file you downloaded. This file can be found in your downloads folder or where you saved it. After the installation is completed, the Zoom app will automatically open.
- Next, click Log In.
- This will be in the lower-right corner. Click this to open a new browser.
- Enter your date of birth and email address. Click Sign up
- Next, go to your inbox and open the Zoom message.
- Next, click on Activate Account. After you click Activate Account, Zoom will redirect you to its website.
After clicking Continue your Zoom account will be created. To set up a Zoom meeting, you can now open the app. Here’s how:
How to set up a Zoom Meeting from a Desktop Computer
Sign in to the Zoom app to set up a Zoom Meeting. Next, click New meeting > Participants Invite. Next, click on the Email tab to choose a service. Send the email to all those you wish to invite.
- Click Log In to open the Zoom app.
- Next, enter your password and email address and click Sign in.
- Next, click on the New Meeting icon. This is the orange background with the video camera icon. A second window will open showing you a video of your conference room.
- Click Join With Computer Audio, Test Speakers and Microphone. Zoom is an excellent tool for evaluating your audio quality before you start using it.
The first question you’ll be asked is if you can hear the ringtone. If you are unable to hear anything after a while, click No. Zoom will shuffle through each speaker one at a time. You can also choose a different speaker from the drop-down menu above Output level. After you hear the tone, click Yes.
Next, you will be asked for your microphone test. Simply speak a few words, then wait. Click Yes if you hear your words being spoken back to you within a few seconds. If you don’t hear your words, click Yes or click the drop-down menu to choose another microphone.
Note: To see a live video, click on the up arrow to the left of Stop Video. Next, choose another video source. You can also move your mouse to the bottom of the screen to see a menu. For free , check out our step by step guide to using your phone as a Webcam.
- Next, click Participants at the bottom. This button is located in the bottom-middle of the meeting window. It shows the outline of two people. This will open a sidebar to the right of your video.
- Next click Invite at the bottom of your right sidebar.
- Next, click on the Email tab. This tab is located at the top of your window, right next to Contacts.
- Next, choose an email service. Click the Default Email button if you don’t already have a Yahoo Mail or Gmail account. In the lower-left corner, click Copy Invite or Send Invitation. You can use this to send the link for your meeting, the meeting ID and the password using any method that you choose.
- Enter the email addresses for the Zoom participants that you wish to invite to your meeting.
- Click Send for all participants.
How to add contacts in Zoom
Open Zoom and click on the Contacts Icon to add contacts. Click the + sign to select Add Contact. Next, enter an email address and click Add Contact. To be added to your contact list, they will need to accept your invitation.
- Sign in to the Zoom app
- Click the Contacts Icon. This button is shaped like a human outline in the upper portion of the window.
- Next Click the plus sign. This will be located in the upper-left corner of the window, next to channels.
- Nextselect Create a Contact.Enter an email address, then click on Add Contact. Each contact you add will be sent an email with a link. After they click the link, you will need to ask them to accept your request to become your contact.
How to schedule a meeting with the Zoom Desktop App
Click the Schedule Icon to schedule a Zoom meeting. Enter the start time and other details. Next, click Schedule. After that, add your guests to your calendar client and click Save.
- Sign in to the Zoom app.
- Next, click on the Schedule icon. This is the blue-colored calendar icon.
- You can enter the details of your meeting. You can set the start time and duration of your meeting, as well as make it a regular meeting. To modify more settings, you can click Advanced Options near the bottom of your window.
- Next, click Schedule at the bottom of your window. The chosen calendar client will open in a new tab.
Notice: You might need to sign in to your Zoom account after clicking Schedule.
- Add your guests and review all details.
- Click Save and send your invites to your guests.