Apple Music is a great music streaming app. However, it does not have a sleep timer. Apple Music’s lack of a native sleep-timer is frustrating for someone like me who enjoys relaxing music to help me fall asleep. We don’t need to worry about the absence of this feature. Let’s look at an alternative to Apple Music for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Mac.
Apple Music for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Mac allows you to set a sleep timer on your iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac or Windows PC.
iOS has a very handy sleep timer. It works with both Apple Music and other music-streaming apps like Spotify, YouTube Music, and HTML3_. You can set your preferred sleep timer with the Clock app for iPhone or iPad. This allows you to fall asleep while listening to your favorite music.
Although you can’t use the Clock app to set Apple Music as your native sleep timer, it fills the void well. This means that you don’t have to download any third-party apps or spend money to do the job.
What about other devices such as Android, Windows, Mac, and Windows? There are some clever ways to set an Apple Music sleep timer on your devices. Let’s get started with that!
Table of Contents
Apple Music for iPhone and iPad: Set a sleep timer
- Start the Clock App on iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Timer tab in the lower right corner.
- Next, adjust the time duration then select the “When Timer Ends” option.
- Scroll to the bottom, and select the Stop Playing option. Next, click on Set in the upper right corner.
- To start the sleep timer, tap Start. You can now enjoy music and Apple Music will cease playing music at the set time.
- You can cancel/ pause your sleep timer at any moment. Go to the Timer app and click Cancel/Pause.
For Apple Music on Android, set a sleep timer
Play Store has a lot of sleep-timer apps. But the one that impressed me the most is the Night Timer for Spotify and Music. It is Free without ads and offers in-app purchases.
Download the app to your Android device. Then, launch it. The default timer is that it will last for 30 minutes. You have the option to reduce or increase the timer. To start the sleep timer, click on the “Start” button.
Apple Music on Mac: Set a sleep timer
- Start System Preferences and navigate to the Battery settings.
Notice: If you are using macOS Catalina or earlier, Energy Saver will be required. I am using macOS Catalina so I will need to select ‘Energy Saver.
- Next, choose Schedule.
- Next, click on the box left of sleep. Finally, choose the time period you prefer. To confirm, click OK at the end.
For Apple Music on Windows, set a sleep timer
It is easy to set up a timer for Apple Music on Windows. You can find the Settings page under System -> Power and Sleep. You can then set the time duration and you’re good to go.
With a Sleep Timer for Apple Music, you can listen to your favorite tunes in bed.
That’s it! You now know how to set an Apple Music sleep timer. Use it to help you fall asleep in complete peace. Now you can listen to all your favorite songs and not worry about the music being on all night.
These workarounds are reliable, even though I would love to see an Apple Music app that has a built-in sleep timer. These workarounds have been helpful to you. Please leave your comments below.