Roku devices allow you to cast video, music, and photos from your iPhone directly to your TV. You can view your YouTube videos on a larger screen, or hear your surround sound speakers play music. Your iPhone can be used as a remote control to change the content on your TV. Here are the steps to cast content from an iPhone to a Roku TV.
You can see the entire screen of your iPhone on your TV by following our step-by-step instructions.
How to cast content from your iPhone to a Roku device
Go to Settings > System > Mirroring, and select Always allow or prompt to cast content from your iPhone. Tap the cast icon in any app on your iPhone. Or download the Roku app. Next, go to devices> media.
Notify Roku and iPhone to be on the same WiFi network. To find out the WiFi network to which your Roku device connects, go to Settings >Network > About. You can then change the WiFi network by visiting Settings >Network >Set up connection, and then selecting wireless.
- To access Settings on your Roku device, click here. This can be done by pressing the Home button on the Roku remote and then pressing the left direction button. Scroll down to the bottom of this list in the sidebar.
- Next, choose. This can be done by pressing the OKbutton or the right directional buttons.
- Next, choose Screen mirroring.
- Next, click Screen Mirroring Mode. Choose Prompt or Always Allow. To choose from the available options, click the OK button on the remote. Look for the checkmark beside each option to determine which one you have selected.
- Next, tap the cast icon within the app. This button can be found on YouTube by tapping on a video that you are currently watching.
- Next, choose your Roku devices from the pop-up list. Check out our guide on how to set your Roku devices.
You can also cast music, videos, and photos from your iPhone to Roku devices. Here’s how:
How to send content from your iPhone onto a Roku device
First, download the Roku App to cast content. Open the Roku App and navigate to Devices > Media.
- Download the Roku app and install it on your smartphone. The Apple App Store and the Google Play Store have the Roku app.
- Next, open the Roku App and tap Devices. The Devices button can be found at the bottom.
- Next, select your Roku device.
- Tap Media. Select Media for the correct Roku device.
- Next, choose the music, photos, or videos that you wish to cast.
You can use your iPhone to control your Roku using.
HelloTech editors select the products and services that we write about. We may be compensated if you make a purchase through one of our links.