Facebook has more to offer than just friends. You also have followers. Here’s how you can find out who follows you on social media.
Many Facebook friends may be yours. Your Facebook friends may be many. But, your true fans are your Facebook followers.
You might be interested in seeing who your Facebook friends are if you want to increase your Facebook followers as much as you love growing friendships.
This can be done on the mobile or desktop app. This is how you can find out how many Facebook followers you have.
How to see your Facebook followers on desktop
You can view your Facebook friends on the Facebook web app, but you cannot see the total number of people who follow you. This stat can be viewed easily through the Facebook mobile app.
Here’s how to check who’s following you on Facebook if you’re using the browser version.
Log in to Facebook using your web browser. Next, follow these steps:
- After you have logged in, click on your name to open your profile.
- Click Friends in the Profile menu.
- Click the More link to the right of the Friends section.
- Select Followers from the dropdown menu to see all of your Facebook friends.
How to see who follows you on Facebook (Mobile).
As we mentioned earlier, you can access your Facebook follower list from the mobile app and see how many people are following you on Facebook.
These steps will allow you to check how many followers and who is following you.
- To load your profile, tap the profile icon in the upper-left corner.
- Tap View Your About Info in the profile menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this page. To view a complete list of your Facebook friends, click Followers.
- To see how many people are following you on Facebook, look at the top-right corner (opposite Following).
Are You unable to see your Facebook followers? Here’s why
Your mobile app may be out of date if you try to see your Facebook followers but cannot. To update your mobile app, make sure you go to the App Store and Play Store.
If you don’t have Facebook followers, you won’t be able to view them. You won’t be able to check the followers of your friends if you don’t have any.
This option may not be available if you have a new Facebook account. You likely don’t yet have many followers. You might also need to switch Facebook accounts.
You might also have your account not set up to allow others to follow you on Facebook. We’ll show you how to do this.
How to allow the public to follow you on Facebook
Sometimes disallowing the public to follow you can limit your chances of getting more followers on Facebook.
This is because people not on your friend list can’t follow or like you on Facebook if this setting is in place. You can however set your “Public” follow preference so that everyone can follow you instead of just your friends.
This can be done on a desktop computer:
- Go to your profile.
- The round Account dropdown icon is located in the upper-right corner.
- Select Privacy & Settings from the list.
- Click Settings.
- Click Privacy from the Settings menu sidebar.
- From the sidebar, select Public Posts.
- Click the Friends dropdown to the right of the Can You Follow Me option.
- To allow anyone to follow your profile, even those not friends on Facebook, select Public
You can do this using the Facebook mobile app
- To open your Facebook profile, open the Facebook mobile app by tapping the icon in the top-left.
- Click the three horizontal dots immediately below Edit Profil (below your name).
- Select Follow Settings.
- Check Public under Who Can Follow me.
Take control of your Facebook followers
You must keep track of who is following you on Facebook if you want to promote your business or brand. This is a great way to limit what other people see about you.
You should ensure that you have the correct privacy settings so that your posts only reach those you wish to.