Do you ever wish that you could view videos in portrait mode instead of the usual zoom? Maybe you just want to see your Facebook or Twitter feed full-screen. Here’s how to flip and rotate your Windows 10 computer screen if you are a programmer.
On a Windows 10 computer, you can flip or rotate your screen
You can rotate your screen using Windows 10 by simply opening the Windows search bar and typing “rotate screen” into the search box. Next, click Open. Next, click the Display orientation dropdown menu.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom-left corner.
- Type “rotate screen” into the search bar, and then click Open
- Select an option from the Display Orientation dropdown box. This option will be displayed below the Layout and scale.
Notice: Make sure that you select the right monitor from the Display menu if you have multiple monitors. Our guide explains how to set up dual monitors on Windows 10 PC.
You have the option to choose from any one of these options:
- Landscape mode: This will change the orientation of your screen to the default.
- Portrait mode This will rotate your screen by 270 degrees so that it is vertical.
- Landscape mode (flipped): This will flip your screen 180 degrees or upside-down.
- Portrait mode (flipped): This will turn your screen 90 degrees so that it is vertically and upside-down.
- To go back to the previous screen orientation, press Esc on your keyboard.
How to Rotate Screen with Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts allow you to rotate the Windows 10 PC screen. You can rotate your screen by pressing the Ctrl+ Alt + right/left Arrow keys simultaneously. To flip your screen, press the Ctrl+ Alt + up/down key simultaneously.
- Hold down the Ctrl+ Alt + Up key and rotate the screen to the horizontal orientation.
- Hold down the Ctrl+ Alt + Down arrow and flip your screen upside down or 180 degrees.
- Hold down the Ctrl+ Alt + Left arrow key and rotate your screen by 270 degrees.
- Hold down the Ctrl+ Alt + Right arrow key and rotate your screen 90 degrees.
These shortcuts may not work for you. Right-click on your desktop to select Intel Graphics Setting. Next, click Options and Support > hotkey manager. The screen rotation shortcuts are not visible on your computer if you don’t see them.
You now know how to rotate the computer screen. Check out this article to learn how to rotate a video from your iPhone.