Have you purchased an Apple app or content you weren’t satisfied with? Apple allows you to return and request a refund via the App Store, iTunes Store, and other outlets.
Any device with a browser can be used for cancelling a purchase, requesting refunds or reporting a problem.
Understanding Apple’s Returns Policy
Apps, games, e-books, and movies from Apple are eligible for a full refund.
Before we begin the refund process, you need to be aware of your rights. You must return the app.
Apple Refund Policy
- Apple offers a 14-day, no-questions-asked, refund policy for customers who reside in the UK or certain EU countries.
- An item was bought
- Although you may not be aware that your child bought an item, you will need proof. This is the best way for you to protect your device from being hacked.
- An Apple ID account which was not correct was used for purchasing an app or content.
- You bought the wrong app when you tried to choose from several apps with similar names.
- An incorrect version of the app has been purchased. It is possible that you accidentally bought the iPad version.
- The purchase did not work as advertised. That happens quite often.
MAKEUSEOF VIDEO DURING THE DAY Close
Keep these things in mind
These are the points to keep in mind when asking for a return from Apple:
- If an app that you previously purchased is temporarily or permanently reduced in price, you won’t get a refund.
- A refund is only possible if the item you have purchased is not available before downloading.
- You can request a replacement product or a refund if your product is delayed due to technical problems.
- In-app purchases, such as virtual goods or consumables, are non-refundable
- Apple Music, iTunes Match, and any other Apple subscriptions are non-refundable, unless otherwise required by law. Other subscriptions can be refundable if they are not canceled by you.
You will be refunded your money as long as you are honest and behave well. This is not going to work!
How to ask for a refund from Apple on apps, media and other
Requesting a refund is simple. You will need to report any issues with Apple.
Let Apple know that you want a refund
Log in and select the menu item that contains the text you would like to change. Next, choose Request for a Refund. Select Tell Us More from the menu and choose one of these options.
- I was not trying to buy it
- A minor made a purchase without consent
- I didn’t intend to sign up.
- I didn’t intend to renew my subscription.
- My purchase didn’t work as I expected
- In app purchase not received
Select the reason that best describes you situation. I wasn’t intending to buy this. Click Next.
Return the item
This page will show you all your downloads and purchase history You can also use the search field to narrow down your search results.
Submit Your Refund Request
Click the Submit button at the top. Apple will review the details and determine if you are eligible to receive a refund.
View the status of your claim
Apple can accept or deny your request. Apple support may ask additional questions or call an app developer to clarify the situation.
Apple Support will notify you if your request has been declined. You can also go to the Report a Problem website by clicking the link Check Status of Claims. This will show you the status of all your pending inquiries.
Apple will display Pending if they are currently working on your submission.
The truth about refund eligibility
In these cases, you may not be able to request a refund.
- In Progress Charge: The charge may still be pending. Once the item is returned, you can ask for a refund.
- Not Paid Orders: A single unpaid order will bar you from requesting a refund.
- Family purchase When Apple’s Family Sharing feature has been enabled, all family purchases will be charged to the shared payment method. Select a family member from the menu to review their purchases.
Refunds can be requested for subscriptions and in-app purchases.
Other ways you can request a refund
To request a refund, click the link in the invoice email from Apple. Next, select Account > See my Account. Next click the link View All under the Purchase History heading. Next, choose Report a Problem. This will take you directly to the Report a Problem website.