Apple will assign your AirPods an initial name when they are first paired with your iPhone or iPad. Although this name isn’t very creative, here’s how to rename your AirPods with an iPhone or Mac computer.
Renaming AirPods on iPhone
- Click Settings to access iOS.
- Tap Bluetooth. Tap Bluetooth for a list of all connected devices to your iPhone/iPad.
- Click on the “i”icon next to your AirPods.
- Tap Name.
- Tap Edit and tap Done.
If you don’t have your phone handy, these steps will allow you to rename your AirPods using a Mac computer.
Renaming AirPods on a Mac Computer
- Open Settings.
- Please click here to Bluetooth
- Right click the device that you want to rename.
- Choose Rename from the popup menu.
AirPods cannot be renamed without being connected.
This is it! Now you know how to personalise your AirPods with your iPhone or Mac computer. Give them a shot and see if they work for you.
It’s possible to make sure you don’t misplace your AirPods. You can find out how to locate your missing AirPods in our article.