If you are using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint In Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you might want to include hyperlinks to a web page or specific area within your document. Links can direct people who go through your document or spreadsheet or slide to a specific website or to create an online bibliography to an assignment at school. To create this kind of hyperlink (called hyperlinks hyperlink) simply adhere to the instructions below.
How do you add an external hyperlink
- Depending on where the data or document is located, Open it using Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Enter the text you want to type onto the webpage.
- Utilizing using your mouse or keyboard, highlight the text that you want to transform into hyperlink. As an example in the image below it is highlighted the words “ComputerHope site” has been highlighted.
The menu bar is located in the the Ribbon on the right side of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint window for the program Select to open the Insert tab.
- Click the Insert tab, under the Links section, select the Hyperlink Option or link option.
- In the Add Hyperlink window, enter the URL of the web page you wish to assign the hyperlink for within the Address text field, and then select OK.
In the image below The highlighted text is now a hyperlink that is set to the page that you wish to visit.
How do I remove or delete an external link
Use these instructions to remove or eliminate hyperlinks from a text Microsoft Word document, Excel spreadsheet as well as a PowerPoint presentation.
- Just right click the hyperlink’s text.
- Choose to remove Hyperlink from the pop-up menu.