Are you frustrated by trying to send multiple JPEGs via email only to be notified that your attachments are too large?
This article is for those who have. This article will show you how to reduce the size of a JPEG using several easy and quick methods.
1. How to reduce the JPEG size on Windows
Microsoft Paint is available on every Windows system. This makes it an easy-to-use tool when you need to reduce a JPEG.
Microsoft Paint offers basic graphics editing tools and the ability to save and open images in all standard formats. To reduce the file size of a JPEG quickly, follow the steps below.
First, locate the image that you want to resize. Once you’ve found it, right-click on it and choose Edit. This will open Paint.
Click Resize under the Home Tab.
Select the Keep aspect ratio checkbox in the Resize and Skew dialog. The resized image will retain the same aspect ratio of the original.
You only need to enter Horizontal width or Vertical height if the Maintain aspect Ratio box is checked. The other box within the resize area will be updated automatically.
You can choose to reduce your image using Percentage, or Pixel after you have completed the above steps.
To reduce the Horizontal width, enter a percentage of pixel value. To reduce the Vertical height, enter a percentage of pixel value.
Once you have completed all the steps, click OK.
Select File > Save As after you have selected OK. Next, select a file format to save your image.
Select Save and enter a name.
2. How to reduce the JPEG size on a Mac
Preview is installed on every Mac running OS X or later. Preview is an image viewer and PDF viewer. It can view, print, and edit images as well as PDF files.
This is a quick and simple way to reduce the JPEG’s size. Use Preview to resize the image.
You can open the Preview image by opening the Preview in the Applications folder. Alternatively, you can choose Ctrl while clicking on the image and then choose Preview.
Select Adjust size from the Tools menu bar.
Select whether you would like the adjustment to be made by Percent, or Size in the Image Dimensions popup. You can adjust the resolution and width. The Resulting section will show you how large your new file will look after you have changed these settings.
Click OK to view the resized image.
To create a new JPEG, select File > Save As.
Click Save to enter a filename.
3. How to reduce the size of JPEGs on iOS
You can reduce the size of a JPEG using the Image Size app for iOS. You can choose to specify the output format in pixels, millimeters or centimeters. If necessary, it allows you to preserve the aspect ratio of your images.
You can save, email, print, share, or print the image using this app. You can resize photos on iOS devices by following the steps below.
- Install the Image Size app on Android.
- You can open an image by using the Gallery icon or you can take a picture using the camera icon.
- Choose To confirm your image selection, select
- In the Height and Width boxes, enter your output size.
- You can keep your aspect ratio the same way you did before. Chain found between Width And Height. To meet your needs, you can change the units of measurement. Below the image, you can see the original and the updated sizes.
After you’ve selected the right image size, you can choose whether you want to Save or Print. Send. Share.
4. How to reduce the size of JPEGs on Android
Photo & Picture Resizer can be used to quickly compress JPEGs on Android devices.
The app can reduce the size of your JPEG files without compromising quality. Resized photos are automatically saved to a separate folder so you don’t need to save them manually.
- Install the Photo & Picture Resizer App on your phone.
- You can open an image by clicking the Select photos or snap a photo using the Take photo button.
- Choose one or more images that you would like to resize.
- Choose one of the dimensions from the Select dimensions window. While you can choose the Custom option it is best to select one of the recommended dimension adjustments.
Your newly resized images are automatically saved to your Pictures/PhotoResizer folder. Now you can choose whether to email or share your image to any of the many online platforms.
5. How to reduce JPEG size online
Shutterstock’s image resizer is just one of many sites that can help you quickly resize your JPEGs. It’s accessible from any web browser. You can resize images within seconds by following the steps below.
Choose the size of your preferred image. You can choose from the pre-set sizes or create your own dimensions.
To save the file, click on Download.
Image Resizing Made Easy
There are several easy and quick ways to resize images for uploading or emailing, regardless of what platform you use.
Depending on how you work and what platforms you use, each method has its own advantages. Choose the one that suits you best and get to share your images!