Amazon Fire TV Stick is able to turn any TV into an intelligent TV. You can also use your smartphone to control it.
How do you pair an Amazon Fire Stick Remote?
To quickly pair an Amazon Fire TV Stick remote with your Amazon Fire TV Stick, hold the home button down for 10 seconds. After the remote’s light starts blinking quickly, release the home button.
You can also reset your remote by following the steps below.
Resetting an Amazon Fire Stick remote
Unplug your Fire TV for 60 seconds. Then, press the back, left menu, and menu buttons for 12 seconds. Finally, insert the batteries into the Fire TV and hit the home key.
- Unplug the Fire Stick’s power outlet for 60 seconds.
- Next press and hold the left menu, back, and menu buttons on the remote for 12 seconds. The menu button and menu button have three horizontal lines, while the menu button and menu button have three. The menu button and menu button both have three lines, and the menu button and menu button each has three.
- Wait for five seconds, then remove the batteries from the remote. It is possible to also replace batteries.
- Next, plug the Fire Stick into a power outlet. Wait for 60 seconds.
- Attach the batteries to your remote.
- Next, push the home button on your remote. Amazon recommends that you stay at least 10 feet away from your Fire TV device when doing a reset.
It can take up to 10 seconds for your remote to pair with your Fire TV.
If you wish to pair your Fire Stick with another device, you might have to add a new remote or replacement.
How do you pair a replacement remote with your Fire TV
Go to Settings > Bluetooth Devices and Controllers > Amazon FireTV Remotes > Add A New Remote. Next, choose the name of your new remote and replace the old one.
- To activate your Fire Stick remote, use the home button.
Some remotes for Fire TV do not work. To add or remove remotes, you can use your smartphone. Follow the steps to pair a remote.
- Next, open Options. This is done by pressing the right directional button on your remote until the gear icon appears to the right. To open the settings menu press the down button on your remote.
The screen you see may be different if Fire OS is older. Next press the right button to access Settings, then press the down button to access the Settings menu.
- Next, choose Bluetooth Devices.
- Select Amazon FireTV Remotes.
Note : To pair your third-party remote with Bluetooth, scroll down and select Other Bluetooth Devices, then Add Bluetooth Devices.
- Next choose Add New Remote Amazon Fire TV. This will search the internet to find remotes that can control your Amazon Fire TV.
- Next press and hold the home button for 10 seconds. Once the Fire Stick recognizes your remote, your new remote will appear on your screen.
- Next, confirm your purchase by pressing Select on your old remote. This button can be found in the middle of the ring of your remote.
Not all remotes can be updated immediately.
- Finally, you can use your remote control once it is listed on the screen.
Up to seven remote controls can be stored on your Fire Stick. To reset a remote that isn’t working, press the menu button with the three lines.
Use your phone as a remote control for a firestick
Download the Amazon Fire TV app and install it to use your Fire Stick remote. Log into Amazon to copy the PIN on the TV screen to your phone.
- Download the Amazon Fire TV App. You can find the app in Google Play Store for Android devices and the Apple App Store For iPhones and other iOS devices. Get the app from AMZN Mobile LLC.
This app only works if you have both your smartphone and an Amazon Fire Stick on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next, launch the app and select your Fire TV Stick. If you don’t see it in the list, tap New Devices.
- Next, sign in with your Amazon username and password
- Copy and paste the 4-digit PIN number from your TV into your app.
- Now your Fire TV can be controlled by your phone. Follow the instructions to pair your Fire TV with your phone.
If nothing else works, our guide will help you reset your Amazon Fire Stick.